twenty øne 🍯

josh's shift ended an hour early today, so he's currently on his way to surprise tyler. he stopped at walmart on the way to the boy's house and picked up a few things: sugar cookie mix, a floral arrangement, a farm animal coloring book, and a pack of markers.

he smiles as he pulls up to the boy's house, knowing tyler is going to be ecstatic to not only receive gifts, but to see josh. gathering the items in his arms, he trudges to the front door.

it's locked.

the one time tyler locks his door. but hey, at least he's learning.

josh clumsily fumbles through his keys, finding the spare attached to his key ring. he unlocks the door and enters, about to call out to the boy when he hears him talking in the other room.

"n' daddy is da kindest person ever on da whole planet," tyler says in a gentle voice, giggling to himself.

"yeah! we love hims!" another, higher-pitched voice responds.

josh cheeses, smiling so wide. he peeks his head around the corner to peer into the living room. tyler sits on the couch, penny in one hand and thumper in the other.

"n' i miss him so much guys... but i getta see him tom'owo!"

"can we come wif you tywer!?" penny (tyler) asks in a deep voice. well, as deep as the little one can manage.

"of course, penny! we all getta cuddle wif daddy tom'owo! isn't it 'citing!?" tyler giggles. "wan' know sum'tin?"

"yes!" thumper responds.

"well, daddy is da most pwetty person i ever seen, n' not just cuz him's my daddy. hims says i da pwettiest, but 's actually him!"

tyler is so darn cute josh feels like he could just explode right now.

"you pwetty too, tywer!"

"aw, t'anks thumpa! you gotta admit doe, daddy is pwettier."

"yeah, him is super pwetty!"

tyler giggles again, hugging his stuffies against his chest. josh is open to call out to him, when the little one starts talking again.

"sometimes, even when i's a bad boy, daddy still wuvs me n' takes care ah' me. even when i think for a second dat he don't love me no mo', he proves me wrong! every time!"

"dats 'cuz he will wuv you forevah n' evah!" thumper says, making tyler smile real wide.

"you think so, thumpy? i hope so, cuz i will wuv him forevah n' evah too!"

before josh's heart literally bursts, he walks back to the front door and shuts it loudly. he hears a little gasp, followed by silence.

"tyler, it's me."

a loud gasp this time, followed by little thumps. tyler runs around the corner, about to jump into josh's arms until he sees all the stuff. his mouth drops open and his eyes widen.

"no way!"

"yes way, baby. surprise."

"daddy!" tyler clenches his fists and waves them around excitedly, eyeing the flowers. "no way!"