nineteen 🍯

josh is terrified.

he got out of work thirty minutes late, and neither tyler nor jordan are answering their phones. he has no idea what is going on or where the two are. josh makes it home in record time, a whole ten minutes shorter than it usually takes.

the front door is unlocked, only heightening his fear. josh has been trying to teach tyler to keep the door locked for months now. the brunette just doesn't seem to get it. sighing, he enters.

"daddy!"

josh expects tears to follow, but instead, tyler runs at him with a huge smile on his face and encloses him in a tight hug. a bit confused, josh hugs his little back.

"is jordan here?"

"mhm!" tyler giggles, puckering his lips. josh leans down to give him a quick peck. "him's in da livin' room with thumpy and penny!"

the brunette grabs his daddy by his wrist and pulls him into the living room. jordan sits on the couch, each stuffie on either side of him. crayons and coloring pages litter the coffee table. jordan's hair is tied up in several small pony tails. paw patrol is playing on tv.

"oh," josh breathes, baffled by the sight.

jordan notices him and smiles in response.

"what? is it the hair?"

"no, i just..." josh takes a moment to collect himself, inhaling deeply. "...did not expect to come home to this."

"daddy, jordy so fun! look it hims hair," tyler says, skipping over and swatting at the little pony tails. "give hims a make-over."

"yeah, he looks beautiful baby," josh responds, trying to figure out how exactly jordan is feeling about this whole situation.

"josh, i'm fucki-"

tyler gasps, cutting jordan off. he leans in real close to his face. "no bad words! i told yous already."

"right, sorry. josh, i'm fricking starving. what's for dinner?"

🍼🍯🍼

apparently, tyler was watching cartoons and playing with thumper and penny when jordan got to the house. the door was (of course) unlocked, so he let himself in. seeing tyler confused him at first, but him being little didn't bother jordan at all. he actually found tyler to be quite adorable, hence why he let himself be made-over like some sort of barbie doll.

josh and tyler do their best to explain enough to jordan so he understands, but not so much that he knows all of their business. he watches quietly when josh cuts up tyler's food, and when tyler cries about not wanting to eat what's for dinner, and when josh threatens to put him in time out. jordan mainly observes the two, silently admiring their little interactions.

he makes conversation a few times, but mainly just watches the other two talk about their day and argue about tyler eating his dinner. jordan can't lie, it's quite cute. josh always had been the nurturing sibling while growing up, so it isn't a surprise to jordan that his brother takes on the role of being tyler's "daddy."

dinner is over when tyler's plate is halfway empty. he claims his tummy is so full it feels like it's going to burst, but then asks josh for dessert as soon as the man cleans off his plate. jordan is sure josh will say no, but he's wrong. josh hands the brunette a cookie from the jar on top of the fridge.