xl. hope

CHAPTER FOURTY
avengers: endgame

        IN THE LAB AT the compound, Bruce was fiddling with buttons on a panel

        IN THE LAB AT the compound, Bruce was fiddling with buttons on a panel. Scott was standing in his Ant-Man suit in front of a big, ugly brown van. He opened the back of it, revealing the Quantum tunnel. Natasha, Steve and Luna stood beside Bruce.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh... the van thing." Bruce instructed and Scott opened the portal.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby." Steve reminded him.

"Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose tiny here in the 1950's." Bruce joked and the others gave him a panicked look.

"Excuse me?" Scott asked.

"He's kidding." Luna reassured and her and Natasha turned to Bruce, "You can't say things like that!" She told him in a hushed tone.

"Just... It was a bad joke." Bruce nodded.

"You were kidding, right?" Natasha asked.

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." He whispered to Natasha and Luna, then turned to Scott and gave him a thumbs up, "We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?" He asked.

"Perfectly not confusing." Scott nodded.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve reassured him.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." Scott nodded.

"On the count of three. 3... 2... 1!" Bruce counted down and pushed a button, then Scott disappeared into the Quantum Tunnel. 5 seconds, Bruce pressed a button, and a teenage Scott appeared out of it.

"Uh, guys? This...this doesn't feel right." Teenager Scott said.

"What is this?" Steve asked.

"What's going on?" Bruce asked.

"That...who is that?" Luna asked and Bruce pushed more buttons, trying to fix the problem.

"Hold on." Bruce said, panicking.

"Is that Scott?" Natasha asked.

"Yes, it's Scott!" Scott said and then got sucked back into the tunnel, then reappeared, only this time it was an old man in the suit.