xxiv. defuse the tension

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
avengers: age of ultron

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOURavengers: age of ultron

        LUNA WAS GETTING SUITED up. Her wound had finally healed, and Steve was finally letting her go back into the field. She was shoving a gun into her thigh holster, "You ready?" Steve asked.

"I am." She nodded, straightening out her uniform.

"You know, if you're not ready, they'll unders-"

"Stop. I'm ready. I've rested up. I listened to your instructions by not going on the last mission, so you're not pulling me out of this one." She glared at him, pressing her finger into his chest.

"Okay, okay." He raised his hands in surrender.

"Thank you. That was the response I wanted." She smiled, patting his shoulder, and walking past him towards the Quinjet.

🌟

The Quinjet pulled into Seoul and Steve hopped over the rial to the building, "Two minutes. Stay close." Steve told Luna, Natasha and Clint as he ran inside, "Dr. Cho!" He shouted, running over to the injured doctor.

"He's uploading himself into the body." She told him weakly.

"Where?" The super solider asked.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark." Dr. Cho told him.

"First I have to find it." Steve said.

"Go." Dr. Cho pushed him.

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked Natasha, Luna and Clint through the coms.

"We did." Clint said.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him." Natasha suggested.

Luna looked out the window, spotting something on the freeway, "There." She pointed, "It's the truck from the lab. Right above you, Steve." Luna told him.

"On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver." Clint continued.

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron." Steve said and jumped into the roof of the truck, Ultron shot a hole trough the top of the truck, "Well, he's definitely unhappy! I'm gonna try and keep him that way." Steve told them.

"You're not a match for him, Cap." Clint told him.

"Thanks, Barton." Steve sighed. Ultron blasted Steve as he tried to enter the truck, but Steve managed to get back on the truck.