xviii. goin' to the courthouse

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
captain america: the winter soldier

        LUNA WAS SITTING AT Steve's bedside, reading a book, playing a song she had introduced to him that he had fallen in love with

        LUNA WAS SITTING AT Steve's bedside, reading a book, playing a song she had introduced to him that he had fallen in love with. The song was "Yellow" by Coldplay, and from the moment Luna played it for Steve when they were dancing in the kitchen, he had fallen in love with it.

When she had gotten word that he was in the hospital after falling god knows how many feet, she almost had a heart attack on the spot. Unknown to Luna, who was too invested in her book, Steve's eyes started to open. He looked around, and took notice to his surroundings, hearing the music.

He turned to look over at Luna, who was sitting in an uncomfortable chair, her glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose. The glasses she hated and Steve and her always joked about. He moved his hand, and her head whipped up, seeing his eyes open and watching as he slowly moved around, "Hey, hey, take it easy." Luna told him, putting her book down, and setting her blanket down.

"You okay?" Steve asked her.

"Am I okay? Steve, you fell from a plane in the sky after almost getting beat to death, and your asking me if I'm okay?" She asked.

"Are you?" He asked again.

"I'm fine, Steve. Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm good, all things considered." He slowly gestured down to his body. Luna smiled, and reached over, grabbing his hand. He gave her the most reassuring squeeze he could, and she kissed his hand. The two of them sat in silence, just listening to the music, and enjoying each other's presence, until Steve broke the silence.

"Let's get married." He blurted, and she looked up at him wide-eyed.

"I think you hit your head. I'm gonna go get a doctor." Luna went to get up.

"No, no. I didn't hit my head, I mean I did almost die, but I'm thinking completely rationally, and I want to get married." He looked at her, a loving look in his eyes.

"Are you being serious? You're not joking? You're brain isn't, like, swelling or anything?" She asked.

"I'm fine, Lu. Let's get married." He told her.

"Married?" She asked.

"Married." He repeated with a nod.

"Okay, but we're not getting married until you can actually get out of this hospital bed." She told him sternly.

"That's fair." He nodded, "I love you, my little star." He smiled.