iii. rock of ages

CHAPTER THREE
the avengers

        "YOU WERE MADE TO be ruled

        "YOU WERE MADE TO be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel." Loki told the people of Germany who he had forced to kneel.

One man, an elder, refused to kneel, and stood, "Not to men like you." He said.

"There are no men like me." Loki stated.

"There are always men like you." The man said.

"Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example." Loki smirked. He scepter began to glow bright blue. Right as the energy beam shoots out, Captain America jumped in front of him, blocking the blast with his shield. The blast shot back and hit Loki.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." Steve said, and Luna flew down, landing right next to Steve.

"I've never been to Germany. It's quite beautiful." Luna commented.

"The soldier and the witch. A man out of time and a witch in over her head." Loki smirked, standing back up.

"I'm not the one who's out of time." Steve stood up.

"The only thing I'm over is your ego." Luna bit back. From above them, the Quinjet hovered above. A machine gun came out, and was pointed directly at Loki.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Natasha's voice came through the loudspeaker. Faster than the blink of an eye, Loki sent a blast of blue at the Quinjet. Natasha moved it away just in time, giving Steve enough time to throw his shield at Loki.

The two of them began fighting. Loki flung Steve to the ground. Steve threw his shield, but Loki swatted it away. Luna was working on getting people out of the danger zone, making sure none of them would be injured.

Just as Luna turned around, Loki knocked Steve to the ground, and held him there by putting his scepter against Steve's helmet, "Kneel." Loki demanded.

"Not today." Luna's eyes began to glow electric blue, and blue wisps began to fall from her finger tips. She thrusted her hands towards him, knocking him away from Steve.

"This guy's all over the place." Natasha commented. The electric blue in her eyes faded, but the blue wisps now surrounded Loki's body. She twisted her hands, causing him to fall on his knees. Suddenly, AC/DC started blasting through the Quinjet's speakers.

"Agent Romanoff, Agent Wilson, did you miss me?" Tony Stark's voice flooded through Luna's ears. Luna, Steve and Loki looked up to the sky. While she was distracted, and her focus wasn't on him, Loki took that as his chance to blast her. His scepter blasted her in the side. She let out a gasp, grabbing her side.