xxiii. evolve

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
avengers: age of ultron

        LUNA HAD SPENT HER time helping around the house, taking care of the kids while Laura rested, and rested up herself

        LUNA HAD SPENT HER time helping around the house, taking care of the kids while Laura rested, and rested up herself. Luna was standing in the kitchen, fixing herself up a snack.

She was waiting for her toast to pop up, and as she waited, she leaned against the counter, looking around at the house. The toys covering the floor, the books, the little trinkets scattered around various items of furniture.

"How long have you known?" Laura asked, breaking Luna out of her thoughts.

Luna turned to her, "What do you mean?"

"Don't answer my question with a question." Laura told her.

"A few weeks." Luna answered.

"Is that why you were so scared to die? When you got shot?" Laura asked.

"I don't worry about dying very often, but if I die, and they die with me..."

"I get it." Laura nodded, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

She heard commotion outside, and talking. The front door opened, "Honey, I'm home." Clint hollered. Luna and Laura both walked out from the kitchen, "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead." Luna stood off to the side, trying to ignore all the confused looks she was getting.

"Hey." Laura smiled, kissing Clint. Luna walked up to Steve, pulling him into a hug, sensing that something was off. Steve placed a kiss on the top of Luna's head.

"Gentleman, this is Laura." Clint introduced them.

"I know all your names." Laura looked at each of them, while they looked at her awkwardly.

"Ooh, incoming." Clint announced. Cooper and Lila run in.

"Dad!" Cooper exclaimed. Clint hugged him, and picked up Lila.

"Hey, buddy! How you guys doing? Ooh...Look at your face! Oh, my goodness!" He gushed over them.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" Lila asked.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Lila beamed, turning to Natasha, and rushed towards her.

Natasha picked her up, "Sorry for barging in on you." Steve apologized.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony joked, and Luna elbowed him in the side, "Ow." He playfully glared her.