ix. smithsonian

CHAPTER NINE
captain america: the winter soldier

        LUNA HAD SENT A text to Steve, telling her they had a mission

        LUNA HAD SENT A text to Steve, telling her they had a mission. A lot had happened in the last two years. A few months after the battle of New York, and being just friends, feelings were admitted, and they went on a date, which later turned into two, and two dates turned into 1 year and a half.

Luna and Steve were good for each other. They balanced each other out perfectly. Luna was a ball of energy. She was spunky, while Steve was on the quiet side, liked to stick to the rules. Luna helped Steve get caught up on the technology and the world that they lived in.

She pulled up to the curb where she noticed Steve talking to someone. She rolled down the window and leaned over the middle console, "Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." She joked.

"That's hilarious." Steve said and got in the car.

"I try." Luna shrugged. He put his seatbelt on as Sam gave Luna's car an appreciative look.

"How you doing?" He nodded.

"Hey." Luna smiled.

Steve turned to looked out the window back at Sam, "Can't run everywhere."

"No, you can't." Sam shook his head. Luna gave him a wave goodbye, before she closed the window, and drove off.

🌟

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Brock Rumlow explained to Luna, Steve, and the team of SHIELD agents.

"Any demands?" Steve asked.

"A billion and a half." He answered.

"Why so steep?" Steve asked.

"Because it SHIELD's." Rumlow answered.

"So it's not off-course, it's trespassing." Steve said.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Luna defended.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Steve joked.

"Relax, it's not that complicated." Luna reassured him.

"How many pirates?" Steve asked.

"Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc." Rumlow answered, pulling up a picture of the guy, "Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?" Steve asked.

"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell." Rumlow pulled up a photo of Sitwell, "They're in the galley."

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?" Steve muttered, "Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Luna, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move." He instructed.

"STRIKE, you heard the Cap. Gear up." Rumlow told his team.

"Secure channel seven." Steve spoke into his wrist communicator.

"Seven secure." Luna responded. She made sure her gun was secured, "So, how was your Saturday night?" She asked, trying to make conversation.

"Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so... No, not really." He joked, "How was your Saturday night?" He asked.

"Not much. Visited Clint and Nat. Chopped, or attempted, some wood." She shrugged.

"You? Chopping wood?" Steve chuckled.

"It wasn't that bad." She crossed her arms.

"I'm sure it wasn't." He smiled.

"Coming up by the drop zone, Cap." The pilot announced.

"You know, when this is all over, we should have a standing date night." Luna suggested as he got ready to jump.

"I like the sound of that." He nodded, and jumped out of the jet.

"Was he wearing a parachute?" A STRIKE agent asked.

"No. No, he wasn't." Rumlow smiled.

━━━

TAYLOR SPEAKS !
hey! welcome to part 2! sorry this is sort of short. all the action will be in the next chapter. you know, our luna being a bad ass. anyways, thank you for reading and I will see you soon my loves💕💕

 anyways, thank you for reading and I will see you soon my loves💕💕