iv. flying monkeys

CHAPTER FOUR
the avengers

        EVERYONE WAS SITTING AT the conference table, watching Fury and Loki talk, listening to their conversation

EVERYONE WAS SITTING AT the conference table, watching Fury and Loki talk, listening to their conversation. Loki was no longer cuffed, but now continued in a giant glass cell.

Fury walked up to the control panel of the cell, "In case it's unclear. You try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass." Fury pressed a button, opening up a hatch underneath the cell.

Loki peer as much as he could, "Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?!" Fury asked. He pressed a few more buttons and the hatch closed. He pointed to Loki, "Ant." He then pointed back to the monitor and the button that would drop Loki, "Boot."

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me." Loki smirked.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury said.

"Oh, I've heard." Loki continued to smirk, looking directly into the camera, knowing that he was being watched.

The others watch on the monitor Loki getting interrogated. Banner looks at the monitor, intently.

"The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man." Natasha looked over to Bruce, a soften expression on her face, "How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki asked.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Fury said.

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is." Loki said.

Fury chuckled, "Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something." He walked away. Loki looked back at the camera, a smirk on his face.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asked, breaking the silence.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor explained.

"An army? From outer space?" Steve asked.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce thought out loud.

"Selvig?" Thor asked, curious.

"He's an astrophysicist." Bruce told him.

"He's a friend." Thor said.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha said, and Luna looked down.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve said.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Bruce said.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother." Thor said.

"He killed eighty people in two days." Luna spoke flatly.

"He's adopted." Thor shrugged.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" Bruce asked.

"It's a stabilizing agent." Tony answered, walking in with Phil. He whispered something to Phil, before turning back to them, "Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D." He walked past Thor, "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." He patted Thor on the arm.

"Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." Tony said, then turned out to the crew, "Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did." He pointed to one of the crew members. Luna sighed, rolling her eyes and dropping her head in her hands, "How does Fury do this?" Tony asked, covering one eye.

"He turns." Maria Hill answered.

"Well, that sounds exhausting." Tony sighed, "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Maria asked.

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony asked.

"Probably." Luna nodded.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce answered.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony said.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." Bruce added.

"Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony

"Is that what just happened?" Steve asked. Tony and Bruce both shook hands.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. You're work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Tony complimented.

"Oh, God." Luna muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks." Bruce looked down.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him." Fury told Tony.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve said.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Fury stated.

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor said, confused.

"I do!" Steve shouted in excitement, "I understood that reference." Tony rolled his eyes, while Steve looked proud of himself.

"Shall we play, doctor?" Tony asked.

"This way, sir." Bruce led Tony towards the lab.

━━━

TAYLOR SPEAKS !
hey! here's another chapter! I really hope you enjoyed and I will see you soon my loves 💕💕

TAYLOR SPEAKS ! hey! here's another chapter! I really hope you enjoyed and I will see you soon my loves 💕💕