CHAPTER TWENTY LOYALTY & REDEMPTION

CHAPTER 20
LOYALTY & REDEMPTION
Author: sorry guys if this chapter is too short, I don't have my computer but I wanted to write for you guys.
Draco: Oh, so sweet from you!
Random character: Gee, thanks!
Author: do you want a chapter or not?! And, by the way, who are you, Random Character?
Random character: Just someone! Hahahaha!
Ron: Okay.... that was weird.
Author: Very, now, TO THE STORY!
***
~*UNDERWORLD*~
THIRD PERSON'S POV
Being in the Underworld wasn't Bryony's idea of an afternoon with her father, but she got a dream where Persephone, her stepmother, told her that Hades needed her. It was okay with her, but, why not Nico? He was older and had lots of more experience than she did.
Nico never explained her how to shadow travel to her father's castle in the Underworld; the only place she knew from the Underworld was the River Styx's shore. She never tell anyone, but she'd come once, with Nico and Will Solace. Nico wanted them to be there so he had something to attach to when he bathe on the Styx. It was a crazy idea, but since he almost became part of the shadows himself for second time, he thought it might be helpful to be harmless. The image of Nico jumping into the river was still vivid. The poor Solace boy was scared to hell that Nico wouldn't make it to the surface, but he did.
Bryony sat straight and thought for a moment of how could she go to his father's place. Her gaze focused on the dark water of the Styx. Before she knew, her hand was inches away from the water. The daughter of Hades was sure she was going to touch it, but she heard three barking. She turned her head to the barking and saw a three headed giant dog.
"Cerberus?" Bryony asked, the middle head barked in agreement, "What are you doing here boy?" she asked him, he pointed at the other side of the Styx and barked happily.
Bryony looked again at the river. The waters were calling her.
"Do you think I should?" Bryony asked, Cerberus barked very loud and then howled.
The pale girl glanced at the water, she took her boots, socks and jacket off. She took a hair band she always take with her and made a lose ponytail.
***
She stepped in the edge and heard someone's steps in the distance. She looked at the noise and saw five figures, two glowing dark and three glowing silver; even from this far, she could distinguish Nico was one of the two glowing dark.
"Bryony, don't!" She heard three voices at once, but she didn't care about them, Bryony looked at them once more and then jumped into the water.
BRYONY'S POV
At first, I felt very cold, instinctively, I opened my mouth but water slipped into it. I felt my soul trying to get its way out of my body, but I didn't let it. I saw my life in front of me; my first years with Chiron, he was teaching me how to walk and how to swim. I saw myself as three years old, with a dagger, I still lived in the Big House, Mr. D was trying to make me talk, since I haven't said a word in public, but I often prayed to the gods for someone to claim me, but no one did. Then, it was around Christmas, I was sitting with Chiron in the dinning pavilion, there were no campers around, everyone was with their parents or training, then, a purple flower appeared in the table, I looked at the ground and talked two words "Thanks, dad" I said. From that on, I have lived in Cabin 4, with my... I guess aunts and uncles. I saw the day Annabeth and Luke arrived, before summer, I was four. I saw how fast Annabeth was claimed and got angry with the gods. I saw myself about seven, when Percy arrived, again, I wanted to shout at the gods. Then I was ten, Percy and Thalia returned from a quest they'd gone with Annabeth, but she was nowhere to be seen, instead, they arrived with the hunters of Artemis, I was happy about it, I liked Zoë and Phoebe, there was a new hunter, Bianca, she was thirteen, there was also Bianca's brother, Nico, he was my age. I saw myself as eleven, shortly after Nico disappeared, Chiron told me who my father was but that he couldn't claim me. I was twelve now, Luke was trying to convince me to help him, he was the only one I told who my father was, I refused. Then, I was in Manhattan a couple months later, I was fighting against a kid named Alabaster, he was never claimed back at camp, I disarmed him and he ran away, I faced Kronos himself but with Luke's swordsman ability, he disarmed me easily and he was about to kill me, but his eyes changed from gold to pale blue, Luke's eyes, and stopped "Go away, Brie," he said, "before I change my mind". I kept watching scenes of my life until it stopped in an image of where Nico was hugging me, after I was claimed, Will also hugged me, which was kind of weird.
Nico. Will. Hazel. Isabella. I needed to get back to them, but I already felt the water burning my life. I concentrated in a point just above the end of my hair; then, after a couple minutes I felt someone pull me to the surface.
I saw my brother's face, he looked worried. He saw I was awake and hugged me, then pushed me back to the floor with too much force.
"What in Tartarus were you thinking, Bryony?! You could got yourself killed! Do you think Hazel, Isabella, Jake or me wanted you to die?! You are so selfish, Bryony! Didn't you consider just for a second how would we feel if you died?!" he shouted, I've never seen him this angry before.
"Nico, I'm sorry, I-"
"NO! Shut up and listen for once, Bryony! As a kid of Hades you should know what death does to the people around that person! I thought you were smart, but you are as stupid as the others! You might as well throw yourself into Tartarus!"
By now, I was crying my soul out. I couldn't believe Nico said that.
"Nico!" my father shouted, "don't talk like that to your sister!"
Nico was glowing in shadows, I could almost feel that he was draining my life. Then he said something I would never imagine he would say.
"She is no sister of mine"
I was in shock, his words felt worse than the cruciatus curse. I felt how one by one, tears rolled down my face and then fell into de cold, black floor. When I came back to my senses, I stood up and ran, with no direction in mind, I just ran away.
I heard barking behind me and knew that they were after me. I ran faster but the steps were still there. I closed my eyes and kept running.
***
I ran into someone, I could smell a lotion I've smelled at camp. Like grass after rain.
I tried go go away but the person took my arm, I refused to open my eyes. I just wanted to be alone.
"Brie? Are you okay?" I recognized the voice.
"Will!" I sighted and hugged him, he hugged me back, "What are you doing in the Underworld?" I asked confused.
"Death Princess, I'm not in the Underworld," he said, "you are in California"
I opened my eyes and saw the beach, it was late at night, all the city lights were on. There were couples walking around, holding hands, kissing, hugging. I saw that in our embrace, Will and I looked like them. I quickly separate myself from Solace.
"Why are you crying?" he asked.
"Shit happens" I said, though I never cursed.
I explained Will what happened as we walked but when I got to the part when Nico said I wasn't his sister, my voice broke and tears made their way through my eyes.
"Hey! It's okay, DP; he was only shocked. I'm sure he didn't mean it"
"You didn't see his face, Will. His eyes radiated death, I've never seen him like that"
We walked for at least thirty more minutes. Then, I heard howling. I've only heard that type of howling once before.
I ran to the noise, not knowing why exactly, he might be there. Whatever. Will followed me.
"Solace!" I said when I saw the black hellhound with strange blue eyes.
"I'm right here, DP" Will said.
"Not you. Nico named the blue-eyed hellhound Solace" I told him
"Really?" he said getting himself straight with a smirk in his face.
"Yeah," I said, "Solace! Come here, boy!"
Solace turned around and saw me. He barked happily and ran towards me. He licked my face and Will's.
"Hey boy, could you help me get to London?" I asked him. He smiled and moved his tail happily.
"So, you're not staying?" Will asked.
"The quest is not complete yet, Will" I said, "by the way, what are you doing here in California?" I asked.
"My mom... she.... she died a week ago" he said with tears in his eyes, "Chiron told me to come to see her one last time, and.... well, I don't want to return so everyone asks me if she's okay" he said.
"Oh, Will..." I put my hand in his arm and he hugged me. His sobbing was so true that I also wanted to sob too.
"Please, don't leave me, Brie, you and Nico are the nearest thing I have as a family apart from my cabin" he pleaded.
"Come with me to London, Will, we could use you there" I said and he grinned.
"Yes!" he said.
"Come with me to the Underworld, I left some things in there" I said, "Solace, wait for us in here, understand?" I said to the dog.
I took Will's hand and called the shadows and we disappeared in the dark.
***
We stepped in front of a huge black marble castle,I mean, seriously? now I get to the castle? in front of the main door, Cerberus was mounting guard. As he saw me, he barked with enthusiasm and almost immediately, my dad, my stepmother, my step grandmother, a boy who looked a lot like George Weasley, Zoë Nightshade, my... I mean, Nico and... my mother stepped out of the palace.
"Bryony!" my dad, stepmother, step grandmother and Zoë shouted. The three first came rushing to check if I was alright.
To my surprise, Persephone hugged me.
"Gods! Bryony! Don't you ever scare us like that again!" She said, her tone sounded serious, but her face showed happiness.
I looked at my mother, she had a silver aura around her.
"Dearest," she said getting closer, "I've waited so long to-"
"No" I cut her.
"Bryony please..." she said.
"No! You abandon me and went to London, you left us to go to Dolohov's arms to have yet another baby you wouldn't take care of" I exclaimed.
"Calm down, Death Girl" the redhead said.
"Hello, Fred" I said.
"Brie, calm down, please, I'm not glad Rose is here either, not after she left you. You were so little, so tiny. But at the same time you were strong for a baby. I remember having your fragile body in my arms when Hades brought you here for the first time..." Persephone said. She talked so like a mother towards me than my own mother.
"Thanks, sis, you make me sound like a mother Cyclops" Rose said.
"Well, you are not better than that" my grandmother muttered.
"Gee, thanks mom. I feel so loved now" my mother acted like a teenager, "Well, I just wanted to give you this, Bryony" she handed me two boxes, one said Isabella and the other one said Bryony. I wanted to say thank you, but she was already gone.
"Dad, is anything else?" I said.
"Don't use shadow-travel too often, my child, even bathing in the River Styx cannot prevent its consequences" he said and put his hand on my shoulder, he smiled and went away.
"We should go too, Bryony" Demeter said and she and Persephone disappeared, well, not before two hugs.
"What about you, guys?" I asked Zoë and Fred.
"Hades gave us permission to help you, guys, I will help my Hunters, though they won't know I'm there" Zoë said, "and Fred will help his family, but only Hazel, Nico and you will see him"
"Brie, you are turning paler" Will said.
I tried to walk, but I felt as if I had been impaled with stygian iron. I felt my arms grow heavier and my eyes started to close.
"Nico! what's happening?" I heard Will shout.
"I... I don't know. Can't you heal my sister?" he asked.
"I... am not... your sister," I managed to say, "you said so"
"No! Please, Bryony! forgive me! Please! I didn't mean it"
I felt tears falling in my face, they were cold, so I guess they were Nico's.
"Stay with us, Bryony!" Will shouted every once in a while.
***
I woke up in Hospital Wing, there was no one around. Maybe today was the first task.
I took my necklace and my bracelet and got out from the infirmary.
"Bryony! what are you doing out of bed?" a blue eyed boy with a blonde ponytail said.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"Alexander Dawn, son of Apollo, pleased to meet you" he said quickly.
"How old are you?" I asked him.
"Seventeen, now, we're gonna get you back to bed" he said.
"And if I don't want to?"
He shook his head and smirked. He carried me bride-style back to Hospital, and, as I was wearing a thin hospital robe, it wasn't comfortable.
"Where's everyone?" I asked.
"In DAM, they are getting kind of exams. Good news, Reyna won the first task; they needed to save someone from a dragon, she saved Nico, the Ball is in two days, you've got no date or dress, Nico and Will come everyday to see you, we passed another battle, in Camp Half-Blood, but don't worry, no one died and let me think, oh, yeah. Would you like to go with me to the Ball?"
"First of all, you speak too fast. Second, how long was I out? And third, I thought I was going with Jake to the Ball"
"Well, thank you. but you've gotta hear me sing. You were out like two months, Nico has been feeding you some kind of Underworld food. And, the predictions said you weren't going to wake up until New Year, Jake asked Reyna and she said 'why not?'"
"Oh..." I said.
"Hey, it's okay if you don't wanna come with me"
"No, I would love to, Alexander, but, I kind of wished you were my age" I said and then I covered my mouth.
"What for?" he said getting closer, "you know, the first time I saw you at camp, I believed you were daughter of Aphrodite, all boys were after you, then, that Jake boy arrived and your eyes were always on him. But now, I will take you to the ball. At first, I only thought how hot you were, but when Will asked me to take care of you, I fell for you, Bryony. I felt your healing process, I could see into your mind, and now I'm sure that I'm crazy. I fell for you, Bryony, I totally did" he said getting closer each time.
I could feel his breath on my ear as he talked, he smelled of peppermint. I could feel one of his hands made its way into my Achilles point, but I didn't care, it was just Alexander and me. We got closer to each other and his lips touched mine. His lips were soft and warm. One of his hands moved from my Achilles point to my neck and the other was placed in the wall behind me. My right hand played with his hair and my left hand was in his chest. His body was lean but strong. I was standing in my tiptoes, 'cause he was six feet tall, and I.... well, I was in his chest heigh.
"Bryony!" I heard Nico from the door.
"Alexander!"I heard Will.
We separated from each other slowly and I looked at his eyes, there was a twinkle. He smirked and pecked me quickly on the cheek.
"See you around, Death Girl!" he said as he jogged through the door.
"See you Blondie!" I shouted.
"Don't call me that, Ghost Queen!"
"Whatever, Music Man!"
"I like that better" I heard from the distance.
"Hey guys! What's up?" I said as I hugged Will, I was about to hug Nico, but I remembered, "Sorry, I forgot I'm not aloud to that anymore" I said with tears in my eyes.
I took the clothes that were next to the bed and went to the hospital's bathroom to change my clothes.
Gods! That Underworld food kept me alive, but barely. I could mark perfectly my collar bones and my ribs. I put on the purple tank top I wore months ago, it fitted me well but now, it was like two sizes bigger. The jean shorts were okay, but a little bigger though. I took my jacket so my bones wouldn't show that much, but still my face was skinnier than normal and I had eye bags. I put on my knee length Converse boots and went out to search for Reyna.
"Bryony, please, I'm sorry" Nico said.
"Nothing to apologize for, Neeks, you said it yourself" Tears were streaming down my face as he pleaded me not to go. But all those shadows almost killed the light in my heart, I needed to recover my energy and my light before I could forgive my brother.

______________________________________________________
My dear readers! I am glad to inform you all, that Tuesday, November 11th, Chapter 21 will be uploaded!!!
I also want to inform you that the reason I haven't uploaded is an injure in my knee and because of the medicine, I sleep a lot and even if I didn't want it, I would fall asleep as I wrote. That's the reason.
I want to thank you the ones that haven't forgotten my story. I am grateful to a person ( @united_under_skyfall ) who has been really active commenting and for that, I will grant him a wish in the story, whatever he wants.
Thank you!!! I love you all, Potterheads and Demigods!!!! Today I feel kind so I'll say it... I also love my Muggle and Mortal readers!!!!!