CHAPTER SEVEN RUN CHILD OF ATHENA, RUN

CHAPTER 7

RUN CHILD OF ATHENA, RUN

Author: Hey! Here we are again; today I’ll ask Mr. Cereales to say the disclaimer.

Jake: It’s Cervantes!

Author: Whatever. To the disclaimer!

Jake: This girl who owns me doesn’t own any character of Rick Riordan or J.K. Rowling. To the story.

Author: Hey! I get to say that! TO THE STORY!

                                                 ***

~*CAMP HALF-BLOOD*~

PERCY’S POV

That Jake boy is weird, I mean, he is sixteen and he hadn’t been claimed until yesterday, every demigod was claimed at the age of 13. Annabeth doesn’t like him much either, she says he is not as smart as the others, though, he is brown-haired, not blonde.

“Percy, are you even listening?” Annabeth asked.

“Sorry, what?” I asked confused.

“I asked you if you wanted to be allies in Capture the Flag today, Seaweed Brain”

“Wise Girl, are you seriously asking me that? Of course I want!”

“Great!”

“Who is in our team, Annie?” I asked her.

“Athena, Hades, Poseidon, Apollo, Aphrodite, Hermes, Zeus and Demeter. And don’t call me Annie!” she told me.

Since the Romans were still here, they are going to play on the Greek form of their godly parent.

Jason in Zeus’ Cabin. Frank in Ares’. Hazel in Hades’. Octavian in Apollo’s. And since Bellona is fully Roman, Reyna will be with Annabeth in Athena’s Cabin.

Annabeth and I headed to the dining pavilion. She sat on Athena’s table with her siblings and I sat alone in Poseidon’s. I checked around to see how were my friends doing. Annabeth was talking with Malcom; Frank and Clarisse were talking about war; Piper was doing a hairstyle to one of her sisters, which was weird; Nico and Bryony were showing Hazel how to control the shadows; Leo was catching fire to himself; Octavian was glaring at a stuff bear a son of Hypnos had; Reyna was petting Argentum and Aurum; the Stolls were pranking their younger siblings; and Chiron was looking at Jake.

“Campers! I hope you have your stomachs are full and that you already have your alliances; today’s Capture the Flag will be Apollo in blue and Ares in red. You know the rules; the game will begin in half an hour, prepare yourselves” Chiron called out.

                                                           ***

We were almost ready; I had to adjust Jake’s armor. Gods! He couldn’t even hold a sword properly.

“How do we play, Percy?” he asked. Gods! This kid can’t be a demigod.

“We have a flag, and we try to get the other’s flag and bring it to friendly territory while the rest of you guard the flag. Get it?”