"Fuck no! Your going to kill me! I didn't even do anything."

"You know all too well you did. Even if you didn't go hunting you still left without my permission, plus you took your little brother with you! now get here or I'll give you a spanking!" Knowing that threat held no promise to it, Matt tried to run past Mya and back into his room. Though she caught his arm and held it tight. Then landed a hard smack on his ass.

"Ow! What the fuck Mya!" Even though Matt was a good few inches taller than Mya, she was much stronger considering she's a full Vampire and Matt hasn't ascended yet. Without a word, she pulled him over to the couch and sat him down. "Why aren't you punishing Ryan? He had just as much to do with this as I did!" Matt whined.

"I find that very hard to believe." Mya told him firmly.

"It's true! He's the one who wanted to come!" Matt yelled.

Mya started passing around the room. She was barely six years older than Matt, so it was hard to keep him under control. Matt was always causing problems and disobeying her. Not to mention putting himself in unnecessary danger. "If you two really just went for a ride in your car, why didn't you tell me? And what happened to your eye?" She questioned.

"You weren't home." Matt told her, I didn't think you'd be a big deal if I didn't tell you.

"And you didn't think I'd be home for quite a while, didn't you?" She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "You thought you could sneak back in long before I got home."

Matt didn't say anything, he couldn't think of anything that would help his case. So he just sat there and lowered his head, trying desperately not to make eye contact with Mya.

"Matt I can't keep doing this. We moved all the way to bloody America! All thanks to your reckless behavior. Your turning eighteen soon, which means our parents will be looking extra hard for us. So you need to be on your best behavior, do you understand me?"

Matt knew she was right, it was always his fault that they had to move. He always ends up losing control and doing something stupid, which brings attention to them, causing them to move yet, again. If their family finds them, they will force Matt, and Ryan, when he turns eighteen, to ascend. Which means they will become full on vampires, meaning they will have to kill in order to survive.

"Matthew!" Mya yelled when he didn't answer. "Do you understand me?"

"Yes, yes I understand." He said quietly.

Mya sighed and walked over to the boy, who was sitting on the couch with his hands between his legs, and head hanging down. She stood next to him and wrapped one arm around his shoulder. She pulled him into a kinda half hug, and Matt's head leaned up against her stomach. "I just want to protect you, both of you." She said softly as she ran her hand through his hair.

"I know." Matt said quietly.

"So tell me the truth, please kiddo."

Matt sighed, knowing she already knew so lying would only make it worse. "I got the black eye from fighting a group of guys in an alleyway, but they started it, I swear. And then me and Ryan went to a hunt but we didn't kill anything. Promise."

Mya just sighed and ran her hand through Matt's hair. "What am I going to do with you?"

"I'm sorry." He told her.

"I know, I just wish you wouldn't be so reckless." She sighed and considered the punishments she could give Matt, but decided to let him off the hook this time. "Go to your room, get some rest. You have school in the morning." She patted Matt's back twice, and then he stood up. She landed another hard smack on his ass, and Matt have her a death glare. Without another word, he walked to his bedroom and then threw himself on the bed.