Rose Hatter

"Hatter, you naughty devil," Elizabeth purred, making Zain wanna claw her throat out. "You aren't wearing any clothes~"

It was true. The man they called Ridosen Hatter had slipped into the den barefoot, shirtless, in just a pair of baggy sweatpants. Damn, he was so delicious. His flawlessly chiseled shoulders, pectorals, abs and arms were everything Zain ever dreamed of. His hair was the same texture as Raelen's, but a richer shade of red, longer, and more ravenous. It was tousled everywhere like he'd rolled straight out of bed, and his bangs fell across the right side of his face, leaving one, perfectly green eye revealed. His brow had dramatic cuts in them, so when he raised it just the right way, it made Zain's body throb. Screw lover boy over by Saber. Zain needed this man . . .

"I'm pleased that you finally caught my beast. My client was growing impatient," he drawled as he went over to the monster. As he strolled toward it confidently, the beast cowered, lowering its head in submission.

No one could believe that Ridosen could actually pet it after what a destructive killing machine it acted as. "However . . . what I didn't call for are these extras you've dragged in," he growled, turning to face them all. Everyone suddenly looked very uneasy, and Zain's heart started to pound. Was he kicking them out already?

"This woman was injured due to our carelessness," Elias spoke up without hesitation, gesturing towards Saber. "We've brought them here because they need your help."

Ridosen opened his mouth to say something, but Elias raised his hand to silence him. The others gasped at his audacity, and Ridosen looked taken aback himself, but seemed to allow it just this once. "We saw it fit to help them because they're here to see the king. News has it, King Jeremiah is sick."

Ridosen's expression quickly changed from arrogant to skeptical. "That's preposterous . . . if Jeremiah was sick, we-" he paused for a moment to consider something. "No . . . we wouldn't know about it. That mistress of his would just assume the throne, and we'd be none the wiser. At least, not until she meddles in my affairs." 

Mistress? Zain thought. Is he talking about Ophelia?

The very thought seemed to make him furious. His leer quickly snapped to Zain, and he found himself straightening his spine involuntarily. "And how does someone like you intend to help him?"

"We have medicine . . . from Queen Meredith," Saber answered weakly, the energy draining from her faster and faster.

"Please help them, Hatter!" Elias urged adamantly. Ridosen's mouth sloped into a frown before he folded his arms.

"There's a white magician that resides in West Manor. Take her to him. Tell him Sen requested his services, and he'll help, no charge."

"Thank you!" Elias blurted out, scooping Saber in his arms and practically taking flight. Zain rose to follow them, when Ridosen promptly stepped in his path.

In such close proximity, the man smelled like roses. He was just as tall as Elias, and the way he gazed down at him so intensely was unbearably sexy. He could feel his leather pants constricting way more than they should be. Could he see his nipples peaking? I hope not. I hope so.

"As for you, kitten," he murmured, stroking his cat ears. Oh, how he wished he could experience his actual touch! "Why don't you wait here while I handle business real quick. I have questions for you." It wasn't a request, it was a command. He was delighted to obey. 

Zain sank breathlessly back into his seat, while Ridosen turned and snapped at Elizabeth. "To the manor. Seifer, Zaer. Make idle chatter. Fix him a drink. Keep him happy."