not in my power

For a night, Cori and Ben passed it in a cell with pirates guarding them. Ben had guarded Cori while she slept, not that Cori could actually sleep. She was awake the whole night. She thought able her fate and Ben's, Mal's, and all of Auradon. Cori had yet to meet the captain who ordered their abduction.

*~*~*~*~*

Morning finally came and the king and queen were at the top of the ship tied to a pillar. Cori was on one side and Ben on the other which neither of them could see each other. She could feel Ben try to get out the restraints, but failed. She heard a thud on Ben's side.

"Coochy, coochy, coo. How's it feel to be the king now, eh?" Harry Hook mocked Ben. Ben didn't say a word to him. Harry walked to stand in front of Cori and twirled a strand of her hair between his fingers. He leaned in and whispered, "How are ya liking the Isle of the Lost now, love?"

"Give it a rest, Harry." Harry was pushed away from Cori by Uma. Uma sat in front of Cori. "Give it a rest. We don't want damaged goods."

"You said that I could hook them." Harry said impatiently, hanging by a net.

"I said at noon." Uma said. Harry took out a pocket watch and held it in Cori's face.

"20 more minutes." Harry mocked. Cori leaned in to read the time.

"That says 11:30." Cori corrected with sassed.

"Ah."

"You better hope your girlfriend comes through." Uma said to Cori.

"Well, she's not my girlfriend anymore." Cori said. Uma smirked a little, her eyes didn't leave Cori when she spoke to Harry.

"Leave us alone, Harry." Uma ordered. Harry leaned in on Cori with a creepy smile.

"19 minutes to go now." Harry said.

"Go." Uma ordered. Harry looked at Uma in annoyance but left anyways. Once gone, Cori spoke to Uma.

"I get that you don't deserve this." Cori said making Uma laughed.

" "This?" This island is a prison, thanks to your parents." Uma snapped. Cori was able to hear the angry in her voice. "And don't pretend to look out for me. Because no one's looking out for me. It's just me."

"So this isn't your mom's plan? Isn't that her necklace?" Cori pointed out, looking at the shell around Uma's necklace

"My mom doesn't care about me, either. Well, not unless she needs someone for the night shift." Uma said with her eyes rolling.

"Ouch."

"I don't need your pity." Uma said.

"No, you certainly don't. You're very resourceful. I don't see you tied up." Cori joked. Uma stood up and stepped close to her.

"All right. So let's trash talk Mal."

"I'd rather talk about you." Cori said, avoided any subject on Mal.

"Mm. Funny and a lady. I really hope I don't have to feed you to the fishes." Uma turned, placing her foot where she sat previously.

"Well, you don't. Set me free, and we'll go back together." Cori offered. Whether Uma believed her or not, she already knew her answer.

"Oh, so now I get an invite? Gee, I wonder why." Uma said sarcastically. She leaned in on Cori. "When you brought Mal, Evie, Carlos, Jay, and Anthony to Auradon, that's as mad as I've ever been in my life. And trust me, I've been plenty mad."

"I never thought of it like that before. That we could've hurt the people we didn't pick." Cori said. She nodded towards Ben. "The plan was to start with five kids and bring more people over. I guess I was busy being queen. That sounds lame. I'm so sorry." Cori apologized. "You're a leader, Uma. So am I. Come to Auradon and be part of the solution."

"Me? Part of your solution?" Uma thought about before smirking again. "Nah. I don't need you. I'm gonna get there on my own." Uma declared before calling to Harry. She showed Cori the shell necklace.

"Let's see what this puppy can do."

*~*~*~*~*

It was a minute till noon and Uma talked with Ben, who pleaded to let them go. Saying that Uma can be good and change, but Uma didn't want to hear anymore. She went back to Cori and got in her face.

"It's almost noon, any last words? Are you gonna tell me that I should be good?" Uma mocked.

"No."

"Good, 'cause I don't-- wait, what?" Uma said stunted with the answer.

"I won't waste your time and my breath trying to change you. I can't change someone, that's not in my power, despite being queen. If you don't want to change, that's fine, it's your decision. I realize that it's not right for me too ask someone else to be something their not or for me to be what I'm not." Cori said, not only to Uma, but to herself. Of course, she was thinking of Mal while saying it and about herself. Uma sized her up and smirked.

"Wow. Now I'm really really hope I don't have to feed you to the fishes."

"Hey, guys! They're here!" Gil yelled, pointing to where Mal and the VKs featuring Lonnie were. Mal with Fairy Godmother's wand in her hand.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for errors.