a gift

Mal ran left and right in the school. Her schedule only grew more and more and with little time to spend it by herself. She ran to her locker and was surprised when Cori suddenly appeared at her side with a smile on her face.

"Hi, Mal."

"Hi." Mal greeted back.

"I have a little surprise for you." Cori mentioned.

"Again? Wow. That's like every day now." Mal said. Cori smiled.

"Or every other day. The even dates. Because you're... even more perfect than I thought." Cori said in a pun. Mal gave a forced laugh either way, even when it wasn't funny.

"That is me. I am perfect." Mal repeated.

"Come on, let me spoil you. You didn't have a lot growing up." Cori said, a bit of sadness in her voice when remembering how her girlfriend lived.

"We managed." Mal reassured her. She reached into her locker. Cori peered inside, only to catch the site of Mal's spell book.

"Hey, didn't you donate that to the museum?" Cori asked. Mal looked at her before just closing her locker to block the site of the book.

"Is that still in there?" Mal acted. She moved away a strand of Cori's hair from her face and gave a sad smile. "Um, I got to get to class. I really don't want to be late." Mal said. Cori grabbed her and covered her eyes.

"No. You come this way. First off..." Cori guided Mal to her gift, a purple bike. Perfect for Mal. She removed her hands to let Mal see. "Ta-da!"

"What?!" Mal asked in shock. She smiled at it, looking at it in aww. She touched it to make sure it was real.

"You like it?" Cori asked.

"Cori... does an ogre like cheese puffs? This is amazing! It's purple." Mal pointed out. She felt a bit disappointed. "I didn't get you anything."

"You're taking me on a picnic with all my favorite foods, remember?" Cori reminded. Mal looks at her and shakes her head.

"No, that's Thursday." Mal said.

"It is Thursday." Cori informed. Mal didn't believe her.

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it's not."

"It is." Cori pulled out her phone to show Mal the date. Her eyes widened to see that Cori was telling the truth.

"I knew that." Mal lied, trying to play it off. Cori put her phone away.

"I mean, if you don't have it, that's fine." Cori assured, but Mal denied it.

"No, no, no. I was fully messing with you. I knew it was Thursday. I just have one more thing to go bake, and then I am all yours." Mal said, booping Cori's nose.

"Well, what about class?"

"She multi-tasks." Mal adds with a flip of her hair.

"She dabbles." Cori adds with a laugh.

"She dabbles." Mal repeated before running off.

"You're the best!" Cori called out as Mal ran off.

"That's me!" That's just another thing on her list. Mal was starting to stress.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for errors.