dress fitting

Mal stood on the platform with her cotillion dress on. It was a yellow and light blue number, yellow symbolizing the Beast royal family and light blue for the Charming royal family.

Evie stood behind her and pulled Mal's shoulders back forcefully.

"Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe." Mal complained about the lack of air she was getting.

"Well, you can breathe after Cotillion." Evie commented.

"Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is." Mal said to Evie.

"Impeccable." Evie compliments on her newest made dress, ignoring Mal. Mal saw her purple jacket hanging on the coat rack.

"Evie?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Mal asked. Evie looks up at her with a look on her face and laughed.

"That's funny." Evie adds. "Ah! Look who's on TV." Mal looked to see it was her and Cori on TV from a few weeks ago.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Six months ago..."

"Yeah." Mal remembers, watching herself spit out the food she ate at that dinner.

"No one thought Queen Cori and her girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last."

"Yeah. No kidding." Mal looked down at her wrist to see the blue charm bracelet Cori gave her. She smiled at the thought of her, but remembered something important and bolted to the other side the bed, picking up her spell book.

"Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion... when she will officially become a Lady of the Court." Mal flips through pages before finding the right one.

Read it fast at lightning speed,
Remember everything I need.

Mal recited. She flicked her finger and picked up a different book, began to read. Evie watched and frowned.

"I know Mal's secret to fitting in, and Cori wouldn't like it one bit. Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?" Evie questions. Mal looks away from the book to Evie.

"Evie, you remember what I was like before I started using my spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster." Mal defends herself.

"Well, personally, as your best friend, I strongly believe that this spell book--" Evie reaches over and picks the spell book up.

"Ah!" Mal gasps in protest.

"It belongs in the museum, along with my mirror." Evie said. Mal puts on a pout and looks at Evie. Evie shook her head.  "Don't give me the face. Put the pout away. Mm-hmm. You know I'm right."

"You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" Mal asks.

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?"

"Yeah!"

"No!" Evie answers.

"What?"

"Why would we? M, come here." Evie pulls Mal up and n front of the TV. "Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now."

"Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers. Here she is enjoying a cozy bite..."

Evie nods at the TV. "See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here. So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" Evie said. Mal looks away. Evie smiles and picks up the shoes her designed. "Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them."

"Mm. Severe." Mal jokes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for errors.