Fighting with Ashley

Wednesday, May 25th

Dear Stanley,

Ashley found me again. During lunch time.

I almost forgot he existed while I was eating my sandwich, wallowing in sadness. All I could think about was Breeze. I saw her in English and she ignored me once again, talking to Mike and Scott and Jasmine and everyone. She became so popular without me. What if she gets addicted to it? What if she forgets it all, the Cupcake Crisis, the waterfall, every single memory we made.

But then I felt someone huge sitting next to me. I looked up from my poorly made sandwich and was startled when I saw a pair of malicious green eyes looking back.

He sneered. "She leave ya already?"

I dropped my head, confused.

Then I realized he was talking about Breeze.

The cafeteria was oblivious to what was happening. My third encounter against Ashley. His friends were behind him, like minions. Ready to defend and fight.

Alex and Conner, the two other outcasts I sat with, looked up. Then Conner went back to taking the uncooked pasta bits out of his thermos while Alex started peeling his orange.

"I told you she would loser. A girl like her would never stick with a twat like you." He sniggered, leaning back and cross his arms against his hard chest. I noticed how his biceps bulged.

"Ashley's right. She's wayyy too hot." One of Ashley's friends spoke up. He had black hair and burning eyes. He was probably also a junior, like Ashley.

Ashley nodded his head, a cocky and infuriating smirk on his face.

"You guys got nothing better to do besides bully freshmen, huh?" I taunted, trying to keep my voice confident.

I don't even know why I opened my mouth. There wasn't any Breeze around for me to impress.

But I guess I was tired of being treated like shit Stanley.

The cafeteria was starting to silence, watching us with eager eyes. Wondering what'll happen.

Ashley looked infuriated. But he kept the cool smirk. I saw his eyes harden and his fingers twitch, something about that seemed familiar.

I noticed how pale Ashley and his friends were. It was almost unhealthy.

And their eyes were bloodshot as well.

It reminded me of you and my head hurt so badly for a second I had to clench my eyes shut. I was remembering something. I just don't know what.

"Oh look, the kid has a voice! He can speak!" Ashley exclaimed. His friends started laughing as if that was the funniest thing in the world.

I put a hand on my head and forced myself to look at the boys. I was about to get beat up by them. I should've kept quiet, but I've been doing that for too long.

"Yes. I do have a voice. And I also have a fist which I used to punch you in the jaw if you didn't remember. Remember the blood?" I taunted. Flashes of pain shot through my head.

Ashley's jaw tightened. He wound up his arm and I heard some people gasp from the cafeteria.

"You're gonna get it. You're gonna get it. Hold him down." He flicked his head from his friends to me.

At this point Stanley, I knew I was going to get way worse then a broken nose and a concussion if he punched me. He was going to try to kill me.

While his friends were walking towards me, I grabbed the thermos from Conner and threw it at Ashley's head with all my might. I heard a painful clang and almost winced when I saw the blood bloom from his head. I didn't realize that Conner's fork was in the thermos too.

Pasta spilled all over the place and I was about to run once Ashley let out a bellowing roar, but then I felt steel grips on my arms. I was being dragged down. I saw all of Ashley's friends - five of them - on top of me, pushing me down as Ashley groaned.

"Fucking kill that son of a bitch!" He screamed.

"Motherfucker!" I screamed back, unsure of where I was getting this courage and rage from. I was on the dirty cafeteria ground and Ashley was lumbering over, a slip of blood trailing down his face from the place where the fork stabbed him. I bet the thermos was going to leave a bruise there.

As Ashley threw the first painful and powerful punch into my gut, I saw your face replacing his. It made me shout in fear.

I wasn't scared about Ashley and them Stanley.

All these boys reminded me of you for some unknown reason and I didn't know how to make myself stop seeing you. That's what scared me.

"Fuck you Ashley!" I groaned. The cafeteria was chaos, people circling around us. One of Ashley's friends covered my mouth and nose so I couldn't breathe and the other one slammed my head on the ground. I saw stars for several seconds. I was being tortured, I was dying.

And a small part of me wanted to.

I wrestled free from some of their grips and thrashed about despite the pain I was feeling. I heard gasps from the crowd. My eyes weren't focused anywhere, I just slapped and clawed and heard several hisses of pain. However, this action angered them more and they punched and kicked me with more force. My stomach was burning and suddenly I felt a wave of nausea and threw up on Ashley's hand as he was about to punch me again.

"Fuck!" He yelped as I threw up again, this time on his friends. They cursed in disgust and threw their last punches and kicks and scratches and slaps before I heard Principle Kinley's booming voice, overpowering the chaos of the cafeteria.

Immediately, I felt myself being let go and I lay on the floor, writhing in pain.