Punched

Monday, March 6th

Dear Stanley,

Today was disastrous. It was probably one of the worst days of school I've had since you left.

It was time for first period, and I was almost late. I've been coming to school late ever since you left. I had just arrived when the first bell rang. The teachers didn't give me any tardy or detention slips yet because the entire schools knows about my missing brother. I was still in the phase where I could do anything I wanted and it would be blamed on my current mental position and how the absence of someone so prominent in my life could deal a lot of damage. At first I found the excessive attention, the sympathy, and the I'm sorry for your loss's annoying, but now I realize the advantage of them. Though I think their patience is thinning, and it'll only be a matter of time until I start being treated like every other student.

I walked into the school and I was keeping my head down, to avoid pitying glances or attractnig unwanted attention.

But then I felt my head smack right off a sturdy chest. It felt like a rock was thrown at me.

 I accidentally walked into Ashley McCoops.

Ashley McCoops is the meanest guy I've ever met.  Ashley is strong and fat and big. He has brown hair and he also has these very cold eyes.

They are green and I know green means warm, gooey, summer while blue means icy, frozen, winter, but when you look into Ashley's eyes, you immediately want to cry. They aren't a friendly type of green, like the green color of the hill we used to roll down during spring after the snow had melted. His eyes are green like the way a Granny Smith Apple tastes. Tart and sour. I know you used to like Granny Smith Apples, but I hate them in case you forgot, and seeing someones eyes take on the visual representation of the taste I despise makes me want to turn around and run the other way.

I was frozen in my spot, so my face was smack dab in the center of Ashley McCoops chest for several seconds. I could feel the hallway still, everything stopped to witness this; the sad boy with the missing brother versus the tough football player with serious anger issues. It took my mind a few moments to catch up on what was happening, but then I heard his voice vibrate from his chest, deep and cutting, like when I scraped my knee on gravel that time while you were teaching me to skateboard without any equipment on.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? " It boomed and I stepped back a little and my heart felt like it was dropping in my chest. I didn't even notice the crowd that formed around us, the deadly quiet, or the expectant stares of Ashley's equally big friends from my peripheral vision.

All I know is that I opened my mouth to whimper something out, but then I felt a huge PUNCH and I felt myself collapse on the ground. I heard hisses coming from everyone who was watching and some Ooh's and some Aah's and some That must've hurt's and then I felt warm liquid drip down my nose which was exploding with a colorful burst of pain. My head felt the weird, like there was this white buzz in it and I was swimming in spider webs. I was sprawled out on the ground, the stupid bright lights above me were way to bright all of a sudden and I closed my eyes because it just felt right then- when I was just publicly humiliated by Ashley McCoops in front of tons of students.

The cool tiles underneath me felt like a relief from the burning pain in my head and face. I was dimly aware that my backpack wasn't on my back anymore and that it must've gotten knocked off of me when I was punched in the face. I didn't even cry though. That's the funniest part.

Then the students quickly dispersed, and I heard a teachers angry voice yelling at people and that, according to the nurse, was when I passed out.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.