Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I spent all night worrying myself sick about Eve, she had not only jumped out of a tree as tall as a two story building, she vanished from earth as soon as she was out of sight.

So I went back home, hoping I could get Adam and Katelyn would be able to cheer me up.

"Katelyn! Adam! Amigos!" I called out as I stepped into the white wonderland of heaven. I shook out my wings and let them stretch.

After a minute katelyn and Adam still hadn't shown up. Which was odd, they were always stuck to my side, whenever I came home they were there in a blink.

But not today.

I flew to where the head of guardian angel activity was and asked about my friends.

The news wasn't good.

Adam and katelyn had been relocated to Ether, to fight in the ongoing war.

I asked for an update and my blood ran cold. It was getting worse, both sides were losing and the fabric of the dimensions was ripping more and more each day. Soon humans would be getting glimpses of the battle of Devils and Angels, or worse, be sucked into the rips.

I shuddered at the thought of that happening to Eve.

By sunup I was back at the cemetery, waiting on Eve to show her beautiful face. I'd kissed her yesterday, finally. How strange a thing for a kiss to be so forbidden yet so delightful.

Eve stepped out of the jungle in a sparkly black tank top and a jean skirt, I didn't even know they made those anymore.

She came up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me in for a long kiss. I couldn't resist her so I kissed her back, her firey heat burning though me like my blood was gasoline.

"Missed you." She said against my lips.

I smiled and kissed her again before pulling back an inch, "I missed you too, you had me worried."

Eve rolled her eyes and tweaked my nose. "You worry too much."

"Well considering how clumsy you are," I swept her legs out from under her and scooped her up. "I think I worry just enough." I nuzzled her nose with mine and smiled.

"Ha ha, very funny. Put me down." She said.

I thought about it for a moment. "I'd really rather not."

Eve looped her arms around my neck and pulled herself up to rest her head against mine. "Please?" She begged looking at me with those big Amber eyes.

I sighed and smiled, "Dangerous temptress pajarita." I said. Kissing her nose and then setting her on her feet., keeping hold of her small burning hands.

"What would you like to do today?" I asked.

She grinned at devilish grin at me. "Nothing for now, today we should relax."

I smiled. "Sounds perfect."

The day was indeed perfect. We walked around Rio, eating occasionally, teasing, talking, nuzzling, kissing.

Lots of kissing.

We walked along the beach and I suggested swimming, but Eve didn't have a bathing suit. So we agreed to go tomorrow.

We went to luna speculi and laid on the grass as the setting sun made the grove glow with pre-dusk light. It was beautiful, peaceful.

But Eve was restless, she shouldn't stop fidgeting with her hands or her hair.