𝙼𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝

Jihyo's POV

"I will miss you too eomma, but I had to leave at some point right?" I said as I hugged my mother. I could feel the tears threatening to come out but I held them back.

"But I will miss you so much more, my little girl is not going to be around anymore!" My mom said, I laughed at her words, it's not like i'm dying or something.

"Eomma, i'm just moving out, I'm a grown woman now. You know I can't live with you forever" I said "Besides, the place may not be the prettiest, but it's a whole new life into adulthood" I hate seeing her cry, but I gotta move out at some point you know.

"Take care ok? Call me if you need anything, I'll always be here" She said while putting a stroke of hair behind my ear. I nodded before getting out of the house with my bags.

Ah. My name is Park Jihyo, I am 22 years old. A normal and not exciting Korean student, a bookworm. I don't have many friends, but the ones I have I treasure them like gold. I suffer from anxiety and I'm much of an introvert, it is something you just have to deal with you know. After many years you just have to learn to live with it I guess. My anxiety is always there but after years of therapy, i've learned to talk to strangers and control myself more.

When I closed the door of my mom's house, Jeongyeon honked her car horn. I was so happy she offered to give me a ride to my new apartment. As soon as I approach the car, Jeongyeon gets down to help me with my bags, and to my surprise, the whole gang was here.

Nayeon got out of the passenger sit while Chaeyoung was helping Mina get out of the car.

"I didn't know everyone was coming!" I said while Jeongyeon grabbed my bags and placed them inside the car.

"Well my girl here insisted on coming too. She also insisted on bringing these two along. Come on Jihyo, don't act like you aren't to happy to see us" Jeongyeon said back hugging a now blushed Nayeon. Mina and Chaeyoung smiled at me like kids.

"You bet i'm happy to see you all. But what are you being so extra for, like we literally saw each other last week when we hanged out" I laughed at them acting like they haven't seen me in ages.

"I feel highly offended by your comment, so i'm gonna pretend like I didn't just hear that and tell you to get your ass inside the car, Park Jihyo" Chaeyoung said as she opened the car's door and elegantly signaled me to get inside the car. Suck a dork.

"Yah! stop with the formalities, but thank you. Such a gentlewoman" I said laughing and getting into the car.

When we all got in the car, I felt the loved. Right here, right now. I'm so lucky to have these four beautiful dorks as my friends. We were always there to hold each other's back. It actually started triggering my memory at my first encounter with two of them and how it all started.

Flashback - 3 years ago

"Calm down Jihyo, it's just college. People don't bite, they can't hurt you. You're okay You're okay you're okay" I mumbled to myself. I was staring at the entrance of my college. First day, man do I hate meeting new people.

I entered and started looking for my first class. I was walking through the hallways full of students. I suddenly felt my throat closing, my palms were sweating, they were so wet like I just put them under water or something. I felt heart on my neck and my eyes started to get teary. New places always get me like this. I hate it. Thoughts were ringing on my head, I wrinkled my face as I felt the voice inside my head getting louder.

What if they don't like you? Have you seen yourself? You're disgusting, fat, they're all going to judge you Jihyo. Are you stupid? You should've stayed at home, alone. Go home Jihyo, no one wants you here. This was a mistake. Couldn't you just take online courses!?