It didn't take long after Jungkook kicked off his boots for a voice to be heard that wasn't either of the boys. The joy laced in the light tone was shocking to the ravenette who was becoming accustomed to only Taehyungs deep raspy voice. It was hard to believe that he got a voice like that from a woman with a voice like hers.
"Taehyung! You're back, and you've brought a friend." a small woman came walking through the foyer with a wide smile.

"Hey mom, this is Jungkook, we go to school together." Taehyung introduced them and pulled off his shoes as well.

Jungkook smiled politely and shook Mrs. Kim's hand, only to be tugged into a hug. "It's nice to meet you Mrs. Kim." he said against her shoulder. She smelled like lavender and left over bleach.

"Oh please, call me Chaerin." Mrs. Kim said. "Are you boys hungry? I'll make some snacks."

"Told you." Taehyung muttered, following after his mother who was already well on her way to the kitchen. Jungkook just kept up with the others and tried not to gawk at the beauty of the house and the grand staircase leading to everywhere he currently wanted to snoop.

"Hey Mrs. Kim," Jungkook started, settled himself at one of the chairs facing the kitchen island.

"It's Chaerin," she said, still so sweetly, while grabbing some things from the pantry and fridge. "And what it is sweetheart."

"Can I borrow your house?" Jungkook asked. It was a long shot, but she called him sweetheart and he hasn't even smiled yet so he was feeling pretty confident.

"What for?" she asked. Taehyung glanced up curiously as well, pausing his attempt at stealing a cookie from the package his mother pulled out and left on the counter.

Jungkook slid his open palm over the counter for a cookie as well and nodded in thanks as Taehyung placed one quietly onto his waiting hand, "Just for a future video. It's really beautiful Mrs. Kim." he said, "I mean Chaerin."

"Oh!" she exclaimed, looking up at her sons friend with a smile of realization, "you're the boy with the videos Tae has been watching. They are so good, I am definitely a fan."

"Mom," Taehyung interrupted, only to be cut off by the ravenette who certainly liked to hear others talk about him, "No, let her keep going Tae." Jungkook said.

"I'm going upstairs." Taehyung mumbled, leaving the kitchen and the other two to talk about Jungkooks channel more and eat cookies while the youngest basks in this attention.

When he reached his bedroom, Taehyung dropped his backpack on the floor and changed first thing into something more comfy. He laid on his bed for a bit before deciding to straighten up his room and then search for his friend who's been trapped by his mother's charm. It happens to everyone.

Taehyung was mildly surprised when there was a knock at his door and laughter behind the wooden surface, only to be opened and revealing his mother and Jungkook laughing about something.

Jungkook had a lemonade in his hand and sipped the straw with a smile. "What are you doing?" he finally asked, seeing Taehyung on his hands and knees by the bed.

"I was fixing the sheets." he confessed before standing up and walking over to his mom. "I got this, thank you." he said, taking the tray of snacks and setting it on the table by the couch.

"I'll leave you two boys to it, have fun." Mrs. Kim smiled before giving Jungkook another hug and heading back downstairs.

"Dude I love your mom." he said walking in and sitting down on the couch by the window. The lemonade was nearly gone, but a pitcher stood on the tray and Taehyung smiled fondly, "Yeah she's great."

They sat in silence for a second before the older boy noticed the smug smile on Jungkooks face as he sipped his lemonade. It was obvious that something was running through his mind, and Taehyung couldn't decide if he was curious or dreading what he was going to hear next.

He didn't even have to speak up to ask, because Jungkook is never one to hold in anything for long.

"She also said you think I'm extremely cute."
And the words had Taehyung hiding his face and regretting leaving the boy alone with his mother for more than three seconds.

illusion • ateez