prologue.

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

"Sweet creature, we're running through the garden where nothing bothered us.
But we're still young, I always think about you and how we don't speak enough."

Bed sheets and secret smiles. Hidden hands on smooth skin washed in silver and glowing with heat. These night hours no longer meant for sleeping but instead full of these fading moments together.

Their lips barely touched in a tentative dance as whispered confessions traveled between the two boys. "Do you love me?" the younger one breathed against the others neck, leaving a lingering kiss to the exposed flesh.

All the older could do was nod weakly, his hands tightening around the boy in his arms, knowing it only ever lasts a small while.

"Say it," the boy persisted, his black hair framing his face perfectly with messy bangs brushing his eyelids, those large eyes holding so much emotion now meeting his own, "Please." he whispered softly.

"I love you, Jungkook."

Those words that should leave so easily, but instead tug at his heart with each syllable. The lightening of the sky was always a reminder of the end to something beautiful.

It gets harder with each day, to love someone from afar. Seeing them from a distance but still feeling that closeness that stays locked behind those same doors. Once familiar elements of an angelic face so close and hands weaving through hair, now all reduced to a name mentioned in conversation and the same face changing into fading photographs. This is what Taehyung hated the most about the new mornings, no longer being able to hide under the moon with the same angelic boy.

The same boy that now exists only as living proof that something can still hurt you, with absolutely no contact at all.

It was a sweet love. A fading love.

"He fell in love through the lens
of a camera."