I Promised I'd Try

Start from the beginning

"See! You're fucking do it again!" she shouts, and I try to stay calm.

"Jade.." I softly say, but she doesn't let me finish.

"What, am I some sort of freak that you can't sit beside!?" she shouts, and I shake my head. "Am I that fucking hard to be around?" she says, her tone faltering a bit. She sounds like she's getting upset.

Ugh Toriii. Look what you've done.

"Do you hate me that much Tori?" she asks, her tone completely weak now. Not mad, but mostly hurt.

"Jade.. I don't hate you.." I say in an unsure voice.

"Then why do you keep distancing yourself from me?"

I think about it. I obviously can't tell her the truth. I'm not gonna tell her that I'm actually falling for her. Hell, she'll probably kill me for ruining her perfect plan to get Beck back. But I can't lie to her either. I'm a terrible liar, and she'll know for sure. Ugh, whaddo I do?

"Umm.. I-I don't really know" I stutter, and I can see the anger in her eyes when I tell her. The look that makes me wanna run for the rest of my life. The look she usually gives when she's about to take out her scissors. I shut my eyes, and take a deep breath.

Stay calm Tori..

Jade gets up and glares me down. She looks like she's about to either hit me or spit on me.. and neither sounds too good. I wait for her to do something.. anything. I jump when I feel her hand on my shoulder, and I look up at her confused as to why I'm not dead yet. Jade has her eyes closed, and she looks as if she's trying really hard to keep her anger under control. I melt at the sight in front of me. This is sooo unlike Jade, and it makes me feel so happy to think that I'm the reason she's changing..

"Vega.. I promised I'd try to disagree less with you.." she says through gritted teeth as she opens her eyes, and I smile at her.

This is so cute.

Ugh Tori. Stop thinking she's cute!

But she is..

"Vega.. I dunno what I'm doing wrong. I don't know how to make you happy.." she says sadly, and I quickly get up, cupping her cheek, and before I can stop myself, I kiss her. It doesn't take long for her to get out of shock and kiss me back. I pull back and rest my forehead against hers, as she opens her eyes to give me a confused look.

"You do make me happy Jade. You make me feel all those warm fuzzy feelings inside and no one's ever made me feel like this before.." I say, and she smiles sadly at me.

"Then why does it feel like you don't trust me.." she whispers, and I look away guiltily.

I honestly don't know if I fully trust Jade. I want to.. but it's hard when she keeps giving me these mixed signals. Sometimes she's really sweet and loving, but other times she can be really manipulative.. and I dunno if I'm ever feeling fully safe around her.

"I'm sorry.." I whisper, looking away from her eyes, and she nods understandingly. Before I can say anything else to her, she takes my hand and this time I squeeze it reassuringly.

"It's okay Tori. Don't worry about it.." she says sadly, and it makes me feel super guilty. But it's the truth.. and I can't change my feelings. All I know is that I can't stay away from Jade any longer. It not only hurts her, but it makes me feel so empty inside. "Do you wanna watch a movie or something? You can pick." she asks hopefully, and I nod.

"How about The Notebook?" I ask, but deep down I know she hates romantic cheesy movies, so I don't get my hopes up.

"Sure." she smiles, and I blink at her surprised, raising my eyebrows at her.