170. Haunted House

“Do we have to go?” you walk cautiously with Newt, your boyfriend. 

He smiles and gently grips your hand. “It’ll be fun, (Y/N)! Don’t worry. You don’t have to look.”

“As if I had a choice,” you mutter under your breath. Newt raises his eyebrow slightly. “Nevermind,” you shake your head. “Let’s go.”

The two of you stepped into the big house, your hand intertwined with Newt’s.

“Boo,” he teases you, kissing your cheek. You laugh and walk along, still slightly scared. 

When you least expect it, a frightening clown pops out in front of you. “Oh my god!” you scream, pressing yourself against your boyfriend. Newt laughs and waves the clown away. 

“It’s okay, love, it’s okay,” he soothes, stroking your head.

“Newt! That scared the klunk out of me!”

“Well, did you klunk your pants?”

“...No.”

“Then don’t worry about it.”

You keep walking, staying closer to your boyfriend this time. You hear something behind you, and turn around nervously. Nothing’s there. 

When you turn back around, you see a masked person with a chainsaw half as big as you. You almost jump when the man (or woman) charges at you. 

“Stop!” You shield your eyes, hoping that nothing happens. Silence. You finally uncover your eyes, only to find a freaky doll dangling above your head. You scream again and start running, Newt limping along behind you.

“How do you get out of this hellhole?” you whisper desperately, searching for some sort of exit. You suddenly realize that you’ve hit a dead end. 

And there’s a zombie walking towards you. 

“NEWT!” you scream, and in less than a second, Newt is somehow in front of you, shielding you from the creature.

“Don’t hurt her!” he chuckles, although maintaining a semi-serious face.

The zombie, almost as if listening to Newt, turns and walks away.

“I found an exit, love,” Newt kisses the tip of your nose.

“No more haunted houses, okay?” you whisper as the two of you step out of the big house.

“Okay.. but can we just watch one horror movie? It’s not that bad, I promise--”

“In your dreams, Newt,” you laugh, pecking his lips.