169. Slintheads!

"So shuck face, what's up?" Minho shoved her gently, priding a nervous giggle. ____ rolled her eyes, her grip tight on her shiv. Minho had been bugging her all shucking day about him and she was sick of it. Now even Chuck and Thomas had gotten in on it! Her light blue vest top was smeared in mud after Minho tripped her accidently. Her shorts were now extra short thanks to Thomas cutting them up to an revealing length.
"Minho you slinthead, just stop!" She couldn't help giggling, Minho was the first person to help her fit in...three years ago. It was hard to get used to the whole Glade but Gladers welcomed her in, especially Newt.

Newt, his name made her heart flutter. She was head over heels for him! From his nearly black eyes, fluffy blonde hair and his sparkling personality made her feel unimportant in his presence because of how high in her standards he was. He was so kind to her but the whole dating thing would be difficult in these types of situations.
"Oi, shuck face! Thinking 'bout Newt again?" Minho pushed her, a little to hard. She went tumbling into Newt, falling on top of him. She blushed hard, burying her face in his chest; he simply giggled along with the others.

Politely, Newt hoisted her up, his grip on her hand tight regardless on how clammy it was. The Gladers continued to laugh at her, sniggering sexual innuendos as their hormones got the best of them. Alby noticed her discomfort so he called out.
"Back to work slintheads, if we want that bonfire tonight we've got to get things done!" He yelled, everyone obeyed, reluctantly walking back to their stations. Alby winked at the pair and guided Thomas around to his new station.

"Hey _____-"
Quickly, _____ ran off in embarrassment, dragging Minho with her. She stopped near her room, shaking Minho by the shoulders.
"Dude, seriously?! That was so uncalled for!" She hissed, punching him lightly. He simply giggled, laughing at her effort to hurt him.
"Careful ___, might pull something. We could get Newt to help you!" Minho ran off before she had the chance to curse loudly at him and tear him a new one.
"MINHO YOU SHUCK FACE GET BACK HERE!!"
                                                               *~*
Newt chopped at the tree along with Thomas, the sweat dripping from his forehead. He heard yelling and laughter from the middle of the glade. It was _____, oh ______. Newt was in love with her, but he was apparently living a cliché so he was too shy to say a word.
He also didn't notice he was staring at her.
"Earth to Newt! Overwhelmed by your princess' beauty?!" Thomas said dramatically, kissy facing him.
"Shut it greenie." He mumbled, flushing red.

If only you were his princess.
                                                                       *~*

The night was blazing, the cheers of the boys echoed the glade. Gally passed out his special drink to everyone except for Chuck, for obvious reasons. The flames danced along with Frypan and Alby and Teresa. But ____ sat on the side, drinking alone. She heard a jog come closer to her.
"Minho if you're here to tease me about my crush on Newt please remove yourself."
"Crush eh?" A silky british accent made her cheeks heat up.
"N-Newt?!"
"Hello love." He smiled, plopping down beside her. She buried her face in her hands, nerves fluttering like butterflies.
"Don't be embarrassed _____, I like- love you. So shucking much." He gripped her face gently, his eyes locking with hers.
"I love you too." She grinned, feeling warm tears of happiness gliding down her cheeks.

Gently, his pressed his cool lips to hers, their hearts beat together, fluttering with love and passion. Cheers took them out of their love frenzy, the blushes they wore matched.
"Wooh! Go Newt, get some." The boys clapped, laughing. ____ buried her face in his chest, straddling him. He chuckled, brushing his hand through her hair.

Maybe it would work...

It did.