184. Big 'Happy' Family

~~~~

Teresa. Boy was she awesome. The two of you were the best of friends.

If she didn’t come up that Box 3 months ago, you would’ve died of boredom.

I mean sure, you’re surrounded by guys, but it gets repetitive when all they ever talk about is work or fights.

“Hey there sexy,” Teresa yelled across the Glade.

“Hey there sugar mama,” you replied suggestively.

And that was the thing. You and Teresa had the closest bond ever, and it had it’s perks. You would pull pranks, get your own room, even flirt your way out from working.

All in all, you guys were inseparable. Quite literally too. Heck, your periods are probably synchronized as well.

“Lets go to the homestead yeah?” Teresa offered.

“Sure let’s go, I’m hella sure those shanks won’t mind,” you snickered.

“Bloody hell you’re right Y/N” Teresa boomed, imitating Newt’s accent.

~~

An hour went by and you were having the time of your life laughing your ass off with Teresa.

“And remember that one time when you stuffed a dead bug down Thomas’s back?! Comedy gold!” you laughed as you were finishing up your fruit salad.

“Don’t remind me! That bloody bug looked disgusting!” Teresa commented.

“Speaking of Thomas,” you managed to say, “do you still like him?”

“I guess you can say that,” Teresa answered, shifting gears, “and you still like Newt?”

“He’s so sweet I love him so much,” you gawked.

“That sounds so corny of you Y/N, why don’t you toughen up a bit?” She said.

“What are you taking about, I’m tough!” you retorted.

“You can’t even insult Chuck!” Teresa roared.

“Oh, you think I’m not tough, eh” you growled, “how about a some one on one combat?”

“It’s like you’ve read my mind,” Teresa whispered as the two of you walked out of your private room.

The sun was out and it felt like everything was burning to a crisp. You and Teresa had shorts on, but both of you had on loose t-shirts.

“Should we take ‘em off?” You asked.

“As long as your wearing a tank top underneath, I think we’re fine,” Teresa said.

The two of you took of your outer shirt and immediately felt a sense of relief.

“Now we’re really gonna put on a show,” you smirked.

“Okay, the guys are taking notice of our actions. When I give you the signal, I want you to punch me.” Teresa explained as you stretched.

“Where exactly do I punch you?” you asked.

“Anywhere but the stomach,” Teresa simply put it.

By now, a few Gladers were getting closer to the commotion.

“Alright,” Teresa mumbled, “now’s your ch-”

But she didn’t get to finish her sentence, because you punched her right in the face. It was the punch heard around the Glade.

“Oh it is on bitch!” Teresa boomed as she lunged at you.

Well, it was complete hell after that. All you heard were guys hooting, cheering, whistling the two of you on. Not to mention the occasional swear word and hair pulling.

The 'fight’ got so out of hand that guys were picking sides on who was gonna win.

It wasn’t until five minutes later Newt and Alby had to come and practically pry the two of you apart.

And to make matters worse, as Newt was pulling you away from Teresa, you 'accidentally’ hit him in the balls. Looks like he ain’t gonna have children.

“What is the meaning of this?!” Alby yelled at you and Teresa as Newt tried his best to compose himself, “you two had never acted up like this. This is something Gally would do.”

Newt, being the more gentle one said, “Apologize first, you too. Teresa, you talk it out with Alby, and Y/N you’ll talk to me.”

“I’m sorry, baby,” you 'wailed’ to Teresa.

“Forgive me, Y/N I will always love you!” Teresa replied as the both of you blew kisses to each other and parted ways.

As you entered Newt’s room, he gave you the 'look.’

“Why are you looking at me like that,” you questioned.

“Because I want to know why two girls were randomly fighting on a hot day,” Newt sternly said.

“Well it was more of a publicity stunt, you see,” you chimed in.

“But… why!?” Newt asked.

“Because I needed to 'grab’ your attention!” You gasped.

“And what was the purpose of that!” Newt groaned.

“Because… because I like you Newt,” you confessed all out of breath.

“Is that so?” he asked while raising an eyebrow.

“Well… yeah. Guess I couldn’t hold it in any longer. Part of it was Teresa’s, so you can thank her later.” you replied.

“Well I’m glad you told me,” Newt said, “because I love you very much and I want you to be mine forever.”

And finally, he leaned in and gave you a soft and passionate kiss.

“You get that dick Y/N!!” you heard Teresa yell through the door.

Although she was a pain in the ass today, she helped you get with Newt. And that’s what best friends do.

Most of the time.