131. A Day in The Glade || Little Hope

Summary: Newt and the reader stand as a six-year-old girl’s parents. Daddy Newt!

“Mommy!” a little girl started tugging on your shirt as you mended Chuck’s knee cut. “Unca Gally said Daddy and Unca Min’s gonna come back soon!”

A year ago, this little child, about five years old, came up in the Box, frightened to death. She took a liking to you, though, and started spending time with you and in extent – Newt. She had considered you her family ever since. She slept in a room next to yours and Newt’s, and helped with the little tasks in the Glade, like picking the fruits in the Gardens and tasting Fry’s food.

Although her name never came back to her, you named her Hope, because she gave the Gladers exactly that whenever they needed it.

“Yes, darling, stay put just a minute.” You laughed, cleaning up the excess medicine on Chuck’s knee then giving his shoulder a pat. “You’re all done, Chuckie, lay low on the running, will you?”

 “You’re all done, Chuckie, lay low on the running, will you?”

Chuck nodded reluctantly

Chuck nodded reluctantly. “Yeah, only when Thomas ain’t around.” He muttered before heading for the door. “Thanks, Y/N!”

“You wanna go wait for daddy?” you smiled enthusiastically. She nodded eagerly. After a touching farewell between Hope and your co-workers, you went off to the Builders, who were essentially stationed nearest to the Maze.

Newt didn’t really like it when you and Hope went too close to the doors, so you settled for Gally’s station.

“Hey, sport,” Gally smiled, hiding his hammer someplace safe. “I’m guessing you’re not here for uncle Gally, but…” he mockingly pouted, opening his arms for the bubbly girl.

Hope laughed, wrapping her little arms around his neck. It was amazing to see how she brought out a whole different side of Gally. In fact, everyone in the Glade was different when she was around.

“Hey, Gal.” you smiled, taking a seat on one of the boxes.

“Hey, Y/N.” he gave you a tight-lipped smile back. He and Newt never got along, and although he had nothing against you, you two never had the chance to actually build a friendship since he and your boyfriend seemed to always go out of each other’s way to avoid the other. But since Hope seemed to have all the free time she could have, she would always walk around the Glade, getting to know everyone.