141. Newt

description - You and Newt don’t see each other much in the Glade because of your jobs, so you make up for lost time

Being a Runner meant you were always exerting yourself physically, to the point where you couldn’t wait to get back to the Glade and crawl into your sleeping bag. It also meant that you rarely got to see your boyfriend, Newt. You knew it probably hadn’t been the brightest idea to fall for him the way you did, especially since you barely had any time to spend with him, but it just made the few moments you had with him even more special.

That day, you were in the Map Room, trying to finish drawing out your section of the Maze. It was something you could do without too much effort, which meant that a good portion of your thoughts was free to wander to the thing you wanted most – to be held by Newt. You couldn’t wait to finish but you knew you couldn’t hurry; if you did a poor job on the mapping, Minho would wring your neck and then make you do it again.

The door to the Map Room opened, and it made you and Minho and the rest of the Runners turn your heads. Your heart started frantically pounding its way out of your chest. It was Newt.

“I’ll just wait until you’re done,” he said. No pressure, you added. You could hardly concentrate on the maps when he wasn’t in the room; what the hell were you supposed to do with him standing only a few feet away?

The other Runners shared looks between them, which didn’t go unnoticed by you. You sighed and continued drawing out the section you’d run that day.

Suddenly, you felt someone’s hot breath on your neck.

“So, this part changed today?” Newt asked, pointing at a section on your paper. You inhaled sharply and nodded, the pencil your hand moving faster. His lips were near your ear, making it damn near impossible for you to think. You could already feel the memories of that day’s run evade you.

Gritting your teeth, you ignored him. You finished in a few minutes, which seemed more like a few hours with Newt standing around you. Once Minho seemed satisfied with your work, he gave you a knowing wink and motioned for the rest of the Runners to follow him out the door.

You and Newt were left alone.

“Newt, what the shuck?” You hit his chest lightly. “Do you know how impossible it is to focus with you around?”

He smiled, something he only really seemed to do when he was with you. “I missed you,” he said, pulling you into his arms. You rested your head in the crook of his neck, pecking kisses at the skin there. His breath faltered.

“This isn’t healthy,” you said, straightening up to look at him. “You’re always in my head. Every thought I have revolves around you.”

“Funny that,” Newt replied. He leaned in and brushed his lips against yours gently. “You’re always in my head.”

You kissed him again, harder this time, more certain. There was nothing you have ever wanted more and nothing you could ever want more than Newt. He was your addiction, the thing you craved most, the thing you couldn’t function properly without.

Reaching up, you twinned your fingers with his blond hair, pulling him closer to you, your body pressing against his. Newt’s hands slid down to the small of your back and then to your hips; his mouth left yours, moving to your neck, returning the kisses you’d left on his.

In a swift move, Newt lifted you off the ground and onto the table behind you, carelessly knocking things off to the side. He shrugged his shirt off, and you reveled at the sight of his bare chest. Working out in the gardens all day had toned him to perfection. You glid your fingers up his chest until he grabbed your hands and raised them to his lips.

“I love you,” he said.

You tugged him closer by the waistband of his pants. “I love you more,” you told him. Newt began to protest but you caught his lips in another kiss before he could say anything.

As his hands moved to lift off your shirt too, you heard the door to the Map Room open again, followed by a string of swear words. The two of you shot apart and saw Minho standing in the doorway, his eyebrows furrowed.

“That’s shucking nasty – can’t you take it somewhere else?” he asked.

“You were supposed to stay gone,” you pointed out.

“Yeah, well, Alby wants a word with your boyfriend,” he said, jerking his chin towards Newt.

Newt exhaled loudly, picking his shirt off the ground and slipping it back on. “Lovely. You’re bloody enjoying this, aren’t you, Minho?”

The latter grinned. “Of course. I love making things difficult for you two shanks. Keeps me young.”

Newt gave you one more kiss for good measure, making sure to make it as graphic as possible for Minho, who gagged loudly.

“I’ll see you at dinner, love,” he promised.

You nodded and watched dejectedly as he left. Minho looked at you smugly.

“Good thing I came when I did,” he said. “You two were about to eat each other’s faces off.”

Shut up, Minho.”