41. A Day in The Glade || Vows

Request:  A cute and fluffy Newt and Y/N wedding in the glade please!

You lay quietly on your bed, waiting for Newt to finish his nightly rounds to check on the Gladers before returning to bed himself. You were exhausted. Everyone seemed to be eerily clumsy today and you barely had a minute to catch your breath, let alone see Newt.

Finally, your hut door opened and closed. Newt removed his upper clothing, sighing exhaustedly. You watched him get himself ready for bed -  a sight to behold. He glanced at you briefly.

“You alright, love?” he kept his hands busy with his hair, eyes fixed down in focus.

“Just really tired.” You muttered. “Like, really tired. I know I shouldn’t complain knowing what you put up with every day, but…” you trailed off, and Newt sat on the bed next to you, looking at you intently.

“You didn’t bloody catch anything, did you?” he put a hand on your forehead as you shook your head adamantly, a little bashful. Newt had to take care of everyone in the Glade, and he still had you to worry about even after he works.

“Well, I have to tell you something.” He smiled brilliantly, and you sat up then he took your small hands in his bigger, calloused ones. “I remember my parents.”

“Really?” you smiled enthusiastically, shifting closer to him. “Tell me more.”

“That smile…” Newt sighed. “I’m a slave to that smile.”

You blushed.

Newt continued. “They were mad in love.” He smiled at the thought. “My dad was head over heels infatuated with my mum.” He paused to look at you under his lashes. “You remind me of her, y’know.”

You froze, then prompted him to continue.

“Men would always line up at her door even after they married, and dad always scared them off.” He chuckled. “I don’t usually tell people about my memories unless they help us get out of this buggin’ place, but I’m telling you this because… I want us to be like my parents.”

You looked at him confusingly.

“I want you to marry me.”

You nearly laughed at the thought, but there was a possibility that he was being serious, so you politely stayed silent.

“I know it sounds pretty bloody stupid,” he shrugged. “But I want to make you a promise… officially. Just the two of us will know.”

You nodded in understanding.

“Y/N…” he breathed, and you relished in the way your name rolled off his tongue, the way his lips caressed the word you answer to. He tightened his grip on your hands. “I love you. I’ll make sure that you know it – feel it – every single day before the sun sets. I promise to compromise my happiness for your own, my safety for your own. I promise to accept every facet of you unconditionally. I promise to be there to protect you from what could steal your smile away from your face.”

Only awe could be found in your eyes as he delivered his vows. He slipped a relatively well-carved ring on your finger.

“I’ve been working on this whenever I’m not needed. Took a bloody while, but I hope this’ll do. This isn’t any form of wedding, take it as a promise ring.”

Giddy tears filled your eyes. “I don’t have any romantic vows,” you confessed. “I just want you to remember that once I’ve said that I love you, there’s no turning back.”

As cheesy as it sounded, it seemed to satisfy him. “That’s more than enough.” He smiled, his eyes smiling with his lips.

He pulled you in for a hug, and you lifted your legs and wrapped them around his torso. You stayed there for a long time, your forehead buried in the crook of his neck. You felt your eyelids grow heavy, and you let sleep overtake you, bringing Newt’s whispers along with you.

Cr: Tumblr