Sing me to sleep

397 words. 2009 phan fluff.

-

"Sing me to sleep," I begged as I forced my tired eyes open.

Phil exhaled and shook his head lightly, "You want me to sing to you?"

I nodded and nuzzled my head into his chest, "I want to fall asleep to your voice and not the silence."

"The silence?" He asked as he ran his fingers through my smooth brown hair.

"It just reminds me of being alone," I sighed and tilted my head to look up at him.

He smiled with a small nod, "You aren't alone anymore. You have me."

I smiled as I looked up at his lightly freckled face, "You promise?"

"I promise. You're safe here. They can't hurt you anymore," He cooed softly, making my body fall weak.

If someone had told me a few years ago that I would have a boyfriend, I never would have believed them.

Without Phil, my life was a downward spiral headed for disaster. But that all came to a halt while sleep deprived me decided to message my favourite youtuber.

Of course I never expected a reply, nor did I ever see us cuddling in his bed at three am.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I looked up at my love, who hummed me a soft tune. I had never properly been in love before; maybe once, but it wasn't real love. What me and Phil had was real, but it was more than just romantic.

He understood me in a way nobody else ever has. We just connected and clicked so well, ever since we first began talking.

Phil was the best friend I never had.

I smiled and squeezed him tightly. I was so thankful that we were able to save up enough money for me to get here. That first hug at the train station was one that I was never going to forget.

Tears welled up in my eyes as Phil kissed my forehead. It hadn't even been that long, but I couldn't see my life without him.

"Goodnight baby," Phil breathed sleepily.

I smiled as tears began to spill over my cheeks, butterflies dancing in my stomach as he snuggled up to me.

"Goodnight Phil," I cooed.

"I love you," he replied with a yawn before his eyes fluttered shut.

I bit my lip as I refrained from squealing, "I love you too, so so much."