Chapter Six

Areum sat next to him and had her hand in his. "I don't know but let's stop by a convenience store so we can get a 6 pack of beer or something and just drink outside" she said leaning her head against his shoulder.

He nodded and looked at the chauffeur who nodded in acknowledgement. They drove off as Mingi was looking at Areum for a few seconds. "You know..." He mumbled. "I don't play basketball anymore. There is no basketball club in the new school." He mumbled. Although he didn't transfer. It was all a lie to cover up that he was getting expelled the next day.

Areum was a little surprised about him not playing basketball. "I really don't like how you're going to transfer schools" she said while frowning. "I'm going to be lonely at school now, but I guess it's alright since there's only a few weeks left," she said while squeezing his hand.

He brought a hand up to caress her cheek and kissed her forehead. "it's okay. We can still meet each other. Oh and... remember I told you that I'm moving out?" He asked gulping.

Areum turned to him and opened her mouth slightly. "What?! Why?" she exclaimed and kept her voice down a little since the chauffeur was there. "Does this mean I can stay over at your house?" she said teasingly.

"Why do you seem so surprised? I already told you that I'm moving out." He said frowning. "So yeah... I did move out, but it's an hour away from here." He mumbled.

Areum didn't say anything for a few seconds and nodded. "An hour hm...you might as well just move in with me" she said while leaning onto his shoulder. "I don't know if we'll be able to see each other that frequently now" she pouted.

He looked at her and smiled. "It's just an hour I'll come visit you whenever we want to meet each other." He smiled holding both of her hands and looked into her eyes sweetly. "If you want to stay over we can go." He smiled.

"How about we just have some drinks at your house? I don't even care if my parents don't want me to stay out late" she said with a grin. Moments later, they arrived at the convenience store. "I can go in, do you want to stay here?" she asked while putting her hand on his arm.

"no I'll just wait here." He smiled. He leaned forward and kissed her cheek then leaned back and rested his head on the seat when she left.

Areum nodded and left the car and went inside the small store. She looked around and saw the one worker there who was a middle aged man, he seemed a little creepy to her so she stayed away a tiny bit. The beers were in the back so she had to walk all the way back and then go up to the front. After paying, she was about to leave until the man grabbed her wrist. She tried pulling back but his grip was too strong.

Mingi opened his eyes and began looking around. "What's taking her so long?" He mumbled and opened the window then looked at the store.

His eyes widened when he saw the man holding Areum's wrist and he immediately opened the door and ran out.

He went into the convenience store and pulled Areum back by her arm. "What do you think you're doing?" He said looking at the middle aged man. "Who's your manager?" He asked angrily as he stood in front of Areum with his back facing her.

Areum hid behind Mingi and tried not to look at the man. "She's pretty" the man said in a low voice. That made Areum uncomfortable and she held onto Mingi's blazer. She just wanted to leave the store and forget all of it in case Mingi got into a fight because of her. "Mingi...let's go" she said quickly grabbing the bag with the beers in it and tugging on his sleeve.

"Areum go back to the car." He said sternly as he kept his eyes on the man. He pushed her to go and looked around. "Get your manager before I kill you." Mingi said glaring at the man.