Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"What doesn't silver hurt?"

"Ghosts and demons, pretty much."

Dean looked over at Farrah as she filled her basket of food for meals. They were in a local grocery store, Farrah having convinced him that the Gas 'N Sip wouldn't have what she needed to make dinner. Dean was gathering his road food, and Sam was across the street filling the car with gas.

Suddenly Farrah froze, her eyes wide. "What?" Dean asked. Then he looked up and saw what. Two "humans" were standing in the door of the shop, their eyes glaring straight at them. "Crap."

He shoved everything in Farrah's arms. "Go pay. I'll deal with them."

She nodded slowly, watching the demons carefully.

"Farrah, go," he said sternly as he pushed her shoulder. She walked off quickly, glancing back. Dean sighed. He forgot that she was just a kid sometimes. Just a kid, but with so much on her plate.

He walked toward the demons, his hand on the knife, and said with a sickly sweet smile, "Hello. Scatter or die."

They grinned at each other and jumped him.

Tussling, rolling, tumbling across ailes and over people, Dean distantly heard Farrah shout, "Keep the change," as the the doorbell dinged.

Dean stabbed one of the demons, but the other got the knife off of him and grabbed him in a tight hold. "Hand over the girl."

"No," he growled, kicking the demon's knees out from beneath him.

"Then I'll kill you."

He began to move his hands to snap Dean's neck, but paused when a girlish scream pierced the air, followed by a deep, "Dean!"

Those few seconds were enough for Dean to scramble out of the hold, but the demon was between himself and the knife. Sam saw this and dashed forward to pick it up. But before he reached, the windows exploded and everything on the shelves crashed to the ground. A shelf fell forward on top of Sam, and he pushed desperately against it.

"Sam!" Dean shouted.

"I'm fine!"

Farrah screamed again, hands covering her mouth. Two more demons appeared behind Dean, and he felt himself get thrown against a wall forcefully; then he lost consciousness.

Sam looked wildly at Dean and started to scramble to get up, but he was stuck. Farrah was in shock; she couldn't help. She didn't even realize that she was the one to knock it over in the first place.

"Farrah!" Sam exclaimed. "Get out!"

She turned and started for the door, but paused. What would happen if she left? Sam and Dean would be killed by those demons. So she held her ground. Her mouth wouldn't cooperate the words she wanted to form, so she just pushed her palms toward the demons, fingers curled as if to grab something.

They stopped moving. Their black eyes grew wide. Slowly, one by one, they started to choke. Then, all at once, the demons were exorcised from the humans.

Farrah pushed her hand toward Sam, and the shelf stood back upright. She started to stumbled forward, and fell to her knees. Seeing that she was still on a mission, Sam grabbed her arm and helped her up. "Dean," she said, raising her hand slightly. They walked over and she collapsed beside him. Just before losing consciousness, Farrah put her first two fingers to his head, and Sam watched his cuts heal, and heard a few bones sewing themselves together with a pop.

That was her last act before her eyes closed and she slumped down on the ground.

Dean started to wake up and propped himself up on his elbow. "Dean, hey." Sam hauled him to his feet. "The car's outside."