Epilogue

It was early when Harry woke the next morning.  The day before had been a whirlwind of tests and examinations, he was thankful to have finally gotten some rest.  

He let out a groggy sigh as his eyes adjusted to the sunlight, he turned his head to find his mother, Anne, reading a book. 

“Good morning my beautiful boy,”

“Good morning,” he smiled and sat up, then quickly looked around the room. “Mum, where is she?” Sierra was no where in sight.  The last he had seen of her, she had crawled into his bed with him the night before, but now she was gone.

“I sent her to get some coffee,” she replied with a smile, then reached out to pat his hand, noticing that he had become worried.  “She’ll be back in just a few minutes.”

Harry nodded and sunk back into the pillows with a sigh of relief.

“Sierra told me that you had some kind of awful dream while you were in the coma,” Anne raised an eyebrow at him.

“It was horrible,” he replied, swiping his curls across his forehead. “The cancer had come back and she died.”

“Well,” Anne stood to her feet, then sat on the edge of his bed and reached out to pat her son’s cheek.  “She’s fine, love.  Me and the boys have been keeping an extra eye on her.  She’s kept up with all of her appointments with Dr. Dawson and with the new baby doctor.”

Harry lips curled into a smile when he heard the word ‘baby’.  He hadn’t heard his mother’s thoughts on the situation yet.  “Baby,” he repeated.

“Yes,” she replied with a giggle and shook her head. “I know you’re wanting to know if I’m excited and of course I am!”

“Me too,” he smirked, then made a face.

“What Harry?  What is it?”

“I’m just still a little confused, that’s all. I just can’t believe that the life I thought I had lived for the past month was all a dream.”

“I’m glad it was,” Anne replied.  “Harry, I was so scared that I had lost you.  At first, the doctor’s didn’t think that you were going to make it….they wanted us to give up and turn the machines off.  Of course,  I we wouldn’t let that happen. Then, you started making progress and we were so happy.”

Harry forced a smile and squeezed his mother’s hand.  “Well, I’m here now, mum.  And…I’m not going anywhere.”

Anne turned her head to the tv,  when she heard Harry’s name. 

“BBC 1 is so excited to announce that Harry Styles has woken from his coma!  Harry woke up yesterday, surrounded by family and friends.  Doctors say he is expected to make a full recovery!  We’re so very happy to hear this.  Styles’ band One Direction will be releasing their new album ‘Take Me Home’ next Tuesday, looks like he’s woken up just in time!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sierra had just left the hospital cafeteria with a cup of coffee and pressed the button for the elevator when she heard a familiar voice call from behind her. 

“Hey blondie!”

She turned with a bright smile as Louis ran to give her a hug.  “Boobear!”

“Is it true!?” Louis asked excitedly. “He’s woken up!?”

“Yes,” she smiled, patting Louis on the cheek.  “Yesterday.”

“Liam called me yesterday, Zayn and I immediately jumped on a plane!  I have to see him!” he took her hand and pulled her into the elevator with him.  “He’s okay though, right?  Paralysis? Anything?”