Chapter 5

Later in the afternoon, I sat on the coffee table across from where Sierra sat on the couch.   She was finishing up her call with the doctor's office. 

"Thank you, I'll see you then," she hung up her phone and stood up.  She tried to walk away, so I couldn't see the tears that had started to fall from her eyes.

I stood up, reached out, and grabbed her hand, pulling her back to me.  "Come here,"  I wrapped my arms around her, holding her tight against my chest, planting a kiss on her forehead. 

"I'm here,"

Sierra sniffled, fighting the tears that threatened to fully consume her.   "Tomorrow," she spoke softly.  "My first chemo treatment is tomorrow,"

I nodded.  "Good, I'm proud of you,"

"So, once a week for the next four weeks, then they'll do the blood test and biopsy again and see where I'm at,"

"Okay," I replied.

"Harry," she pulled away just enough to look up at me. 

"What?"

"Will you go with me?"

"Well," I shrugged.  "I'll have to check my schedule,"

"Very funny," she slugged him in the arm and wiped her eyes.

"I just don't know, I could have a hot date,"

"Harry," she raised a serious eyebrow. "You didn't call my grandma again, did you!"

I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. "Very funny,"

"I don't think the restraining order has been lifted from the last time,"

I couldn't help but laugh at her.  "Shut the hell up," I turned toward the hallway.  "I'm gonna go take a shower,"

I stood under the hot water, finally feeling somewhat at ease.  Simon wasn't as pissed off as I thought he was and Sierra had finally agreed to start her treatments. "Holy crap!" I jumped as the shower curtain flew open.

"The movie 'Psycho' just replayed in your mind, didn't it?" Sierra giggled.  She was still in her pajamas, her long blonde hair cascading down to the middle of her back.

"You're a nut job!" I tried to close the curtain, only to have her grab it and open it again.

"Of course I'm a nut job," she smiled and looked over his body.  "I guess some things never change," she grinned, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shutup,"  I blushed, causing her to giggle.

 "You're blushing!" she laughed at me.

"Go away!"

"Harry Styles, sexy pop star, blushing at a girl seeing him naked!"

I reached out in one swift motion and pulled her into the shower, fully clothed.

"HARRY!!" she screeched, trying to escape my grasp. 

I chuckled and maneuvered her under the stream of water. I stepped out with a sly smile and grabbed my towel, securing it around my waist.

"Ugghh, now I'm all wet!" she growled, turning the shower off. 

"No worries," I grinned cheekily, with a wink.  "I think you were getting there before I pulled you in,"

"You sicko!" she gasped, catching the towel I had just thrown her.

"You love it," I chuckled, leaving the bathroom.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning, I stood by Sierra's side as she checked into the cancer ward at the hospital.  When a nurse started to lead them down the hallway to what they called the "Chemo Lounge", I instantly noticed the look on Sierra's face.  I reached out and laced my fingers with hers, giving her a reassuring nod.