Chapter 20

Author's Note: Saddest thing I've ever written....Sorry guys. :(

A few days later, Harry laid in the bed where him and Sierra had just finished watching a movie.  Her parents were over, along with his mom and Gemma.  The four of them had moved to the kitchen to give him some time with Sierra and to prepare lunch.

“Harry..” Sierra whispered, reaching her hand up to twirl one of his curls between her fingers.

“Hmm?” he looked down at her with a smile.

“Kiss me?”

Harry grinned and softly kissed her lips, her hand tangling in his curls.  He pulled away to smile at her once more. “I love you, beautiful.”

“Promise me something?”

“Oh god...not another promise,” he chuckled, but raised an eyebrow when she gave him a serious look.

“Promise me…” her breathing became shallow. “That when I’m gone…you’ll move on…”

“Sierra, what are you-“

“Find someone else…that will…make…you happy…”

“Love, I-“

Her hand reached out to gently rest her palm against his cheek.  “Always…remember…that I will be….right next to you…”

“Are you saying goodbye?” He became panicked, tears building in his eyes.

“It’s time…” she nodded, tears falling down her cheeks. Her head nestled against Harry’s shoulder, his arms craddling her. Her last breath that was taken was short and shallow. Her body went limp and Harry sighed, tears building in his eyes…knowing that she was gone.  

“Sierra….” He choked, the knot in his throat was as big as a boulder. He choked on his tears, nestling his face against the top of her head, crying into her hair.

 “Harry,” Gemma’s voice came down the hallway.  “Mum wants to know if you want- Oh god,” she stopped in the doorway and shrieked. “MUM!!!!”

Suddenly, it was as if he was looking down at himself.  Harry continued to hold her in his arms, stroking her hair. Everyone else bustled around him.  Sierra’s parents had sunk to the floor, crying into each other’s arms.  Harry felt an half gently rub his back, then his mother rest her chin against his arm, but he couldn’t hear anything that was being said around him.  

Instead, his thoughts were clouded with memories….moments that he spent with Sierra.  Meeting her, playing at the park, sleep overs, getting in trouble,  school, prom, her sending him off to the x-factor, her waving to him when he boarded a plane to the US for the boys first tour.   He clenched his eyes shut, wanting to keep the image of her infront of him forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Harry…Harry…” he opened his eyes, feeling someone shaking him.  Unfortunately, his surroundings had not changed.  He was still lying in his bed, Sierra next to him…lifeless and becoming cold.

Harry lifted his head to glance over his shoulder, finding his 4 best friends in the room with him.

“Harry..” Liam sat next to him.  “Come outside with us?”

“No,” he shook his head, looking up to touch Sierra’s hair once more.

“Hazza,” Niall spoke softly. “She’s gone, mate…”

“No she’s not,” Harry scoffed. “She’s right here.”

Zayn reached his hand out to touch his friend’s shoulder. “The funeral home is here, Harry…they have to-“