Chapter 13: Ruby, and Meddling.

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own Rwby; Or Anything Else You May Recognize.

...

"Nix, " Normal Speech.
'Nix, ' Normal Thought.
"Nix, " Normal Telepathy.
[Nix] Computer Speech.

...

"You... have silver eyes," Ozpin stated. Last he knew, Schnees' had light blue eyes. Something to take into consideration.

Ozpin was curious as to why James hadn't informed him of another silver eyes warrior.

Or Summer for that matter

Interesting...

On the outside, Nix raised an eyebrow at the strange question.

On the inside, however, warning bells were ringing in his head. Nix' instincts were telling him to be careful, that Ozpin was not everything he seems.

'I wonder if this is what a midget feels like all the time?'

"Beware The Wizard Of Oz." A voice said ominously, interrupting Nix' dangerous line of thought.

Nix recognized the voice, it was Aurora's voice. He was surprised to hear from her, after all, he has been trying to get a response from her for about a year.

Nix always wondered if she was watching him, and it seems that she was indeed watching over him.

Nix looked around, everything was grey out, meaning Aurora had frozen time.

"The Wizard Of Oz? Are you inferring that Ozpin is Oz, the master manipulator?"

"Consider what you say today, for it will change the outcome of tomorrow."

Nix would not take this advice lightly, he trusted her even if he had some misgivings.

Aurora loves to talk cryptically, so the question is, does she mean it literally or figuratively.

"Today's conversation will affect tomorrow's outcome, huh?" At least Aurora froze time so he could think about what she meant.

The only thing he could think of was that the 'tomorrows outcome' is a euphemism. As 'today's conversation' refers literally to the present.

'What you do in the present, can change the future, after all.' Nix thought. Something he remembers from his time on Earth, which he believed in wholeheartedly.

The future is not set in stone unless you allow it to be.

His surroundings began to regain color. He must have figured it out.

Smiling up at Ozpin, easily a 2 feet difference between them. And Nix was considered tall by the standards of this world.

Hopefully, he wouldn't grow too tall.

"Yes. Yes, I do. Summer has told me many things about you, Sir." Nix replied with an easy-going smile.

Ozpin regained his smile at Nix' friendly reply. "Good things I hope." He joked with a small chuckle.

Nix' only response was an enigmatic grin.

Nix would engage Ozpin in a game of civil discourse, to form his own opinion of Ozpin, and not solely rely on his parent's preconceptions.

After all, James must believe in Ozpin enough to trust him.

So, Ozpin can't be that bad, can he?

...

Walking to where he knew his mother was, he passed by a few doctors and nurses. As this was a private institution, Nix wasn't surprised to see other patients, from all around the world.