"You know I've seen her drive." She states, "Pamela could do better."

I'd love to put in a word for my best friend, yet I can't stop the small laugh that escapes. "But can Margo drive?"

"Maybe? She has nothing to do with this, though."

"Leo's taking you home?" I get a playful savage look from her, so it clicks. "You're the one driving?"

"It's my car." She drawls out, looking at me incredulously as I recoil. Of course she has her own car, what was I thinking?

"I just thought since you're, I don't know... sisters?"

"Yes, but like, it's like, why share a car when your dad can afford everyone owning one, right?" An off look appears on her face almost immediately, so she goes on to add in a rushed voice, "Or if your dad allows you drive, you know, like if he does allow you drive, why share one?"

I nod.

A guy much taller than us, helps with the door. I make sure to thank him while still catching up with Steph who's walked pass.

"Is that your ride?" She asks in a high-pitched tone. I follow her trail of sight to the car just driving through. It makes a stop in front of us. The windows are tainted so in order for me to notice him, he has to let down the window on our side. Then he greets me with a  curt nod so I know it's him.

I already knew it was him, i'm not snobbish enough to not register quite a regular face. But the greeting helps.

"It is."

"Ooh, fancy."

My gaze stays long on the car, too long that it's one of those moments where you don't really see what you're looking at. The multiple sounds of laughs, playful arguments become a fog until it's what brings me back to reality.  I shake my head, turning to the side to get back with Steph. Except she's not here anymore. Instead it's someone else.

"Ready to go?"

Despite having seen her already, I stumble back at the proximity. Before going over her words again. "Ready to go?" I echo.

"With you? You and me?"

"Uhm," She snorts, staring around us at the other students getting in their cars to head home, and some just continuing conversations. Though, she's not exactly staring at them. Her eyes trace back to me, one perfectly carved eyebrow quirked high. "Yes? Isn't that the arrangement?"

"Yeah, but... no, it's- It was the arrangement for yesterday but you left." That comes out more accusatory than I intended. As well as more whiny.

"And I apologized."

She did. Over text. Amidst all the chaos in my mind, it was hard to recognize her 'apology' text even with how obvious it was.

'Sorry, I forgot to wait behind for you.' Amy Gardener 7:44pm.

That was low. I'd actually expected her to come up with an excuse - non-existent puppy died, got chased out of school by an angry mob of air, suddenly teleported back home along side her car- anything! It's clear Tyler's not the only one who feels i'm just not worthy enough to be owed an explanation.