Ch 46 | A mother's love

Start from the beginning

Jungkook could be rather —very persuasive.

"Mirae-ah, darling"

"Mom? what's wrong. Come on sit down first" she quickly fumbled to clean all the pens and papers from the sofa. She was secretly figuring out a sense to her designs. 

She tried maintaining a neat impression on her mother.

She sighed looking around for any misfit and then sat down with her mother. 

"Do you want something to drink?" she asked politely. 

It would be a lie if Mirae said she wasn't nervous.

Hell her body was in a pit of destruction.

"No, it's alright sweetie" 

She loves her mother very dearly, however, due to the past incident —she felt nervousness peaking in the highest peak of her body.

The words in her mouth did not roll comfortably.

She felt insecure —towards her mother.

For her decision, for disobeying her mother for surpassing her mother's insecurity. She wanted to show her mother that insecurity is an emotion that slows you down. 

She is officially Jungkook's fiancée now. For the longest time, Mirae wanted to build that confidence —to walk in her family house again. 

To tell them the news, her choice, her acceptance. To invite them wholeheartedly to her matrimony.  

But now.. she felt like a lying child —it was the most disgraceful thing in their culture to not get permission from their parents before engagement.

Mirae just felt so disrespectful and ashamed. She couldn't figure what emotion she's feeling.

Did it seem right? but it's wrong?

She was confused. She wanted to be with Jungkook, but her mother. She just couldn't think straight.

"Sweetie, don't worry I know you've engaged" her mother spoke in a warm tone.

Mirae held her skirt tightly, of course she knew, the media. There's a whole article about that. Fans releasing youtube videos, newspapers, the official Korean news, KBS news report. 

Mirae gripped her skirt tightly, where she sat, she felt —that unknown emotion again. What's that emotion? She refused to look into her mother's eyes.

"O-oh"

She tried to look at her mother biting her lips. "D-do you approve?" she asked with a soft whisper. 

There was a long pause. The kind of time out that shuttered Mirae's heart, she felt numbness crawling all over. Her eyes glossed, she hoped —for the love of dear god.

 "Mom?" she asked softly, crying out. 

She was weak. She didn't know what to do if her mother said no. She would be forced to live with a misery poked in her heart. 

Yes, she admits she's weak. But what can she do, not every female is born strong, not every female has a strong will power. Not every female is the same or Pete's sake.

Mirae is Mirae. 

She's not perfect. She has that average slim body, no curves, no perfect flawless skin. Average long black hair. She was just one of those average people in the street that blends in. 

Yet —Jungkook has the audacity to say, she has that hidden spitfire in her. That side that kept her strong till now, that fire that burned down his wall. Jungkook doesn't know how, but he does know Mirae is something else only in his eyes.