Ch 22 | Spilled coffee

EDITED

Ch 22 | Spilled coffee

Want to be a victim? Ready for abduction?                                —Unknown

Ready for abduction?
—Unknown

Mirae |

"You're hired"...

Huh?

'You're hired !' My inner thoughts screamed at me.

I didn't get any questions, wait am I suppose to get them or does he just check our CV beforehand. I blinked my eyes shifting nervously on my chair, the green-eyed man stared back at me. His sharp look made me intake my breath over and over again as my own eyes try to look for something to look at instead.

"Ms. Lee" his voice logged me out of my thoughts.

"Y-yeah"

"-It's yes sir, Ms. Lee please fix your language before you conduct yourself in my company —I do not tolerate disrespectful behavior. You are given two rules just as anyone in this company" he said, I nodded my head at him replaying our embarrassing encounter.

And the recent embarrassing scene, oh my I'm going to die! I really want to bury my self 6 feet under, how really, really, truly embarrassing. He went from a class A jerk to an infamous cold businessman.

"First, you are to be on time every day at 7:00 sharp. I do not tolerate lateness. Second, you never ever talk back to me as it will result in you being fired or have potential evidence to take away your position. There will be some cases where an employee's paycheck will be decreased by 30% sometimes 45%" I stare at him bewildered.

Wow, this is- strict. Too strict.

"I understand sir," I say looking down, my insides stir nervously while my hands seem to be sweating a whole ocean. How nice! I'm so totally happy.

For the following 4 hours, the president called a man —the man with a white suit and polka red dots. He seemed to have looked like an upright robot that only follows whatever the president says.

He showed me around the whole company. If I say it's easy to remember the routes then I would be lying.

The company was massive, built with 76 floors. There are 5 main branches in the company —the first floor is finance-related, second-floor international marketing, third-floor designing line, fourth floor- I forgot really. I can't believe the president has to remember all these things.

Currently, I'm sat where I'm supposed to work, this is the designing where you design your clothing line. This hall floor is large and big just like any other, being lower than your higher-ups doesn't really give you a small little office. Everything is of high quality and up to date.

"Ms. Lee, I've left the plans in your desk please check throughout if you need any help do not hesitate to ask Taehyung" I smile and bow at her.

"Noona, you can ask me whatever" the boy gave me a boxy smile with two-finger ups for victory. I shook my head at his silliness going back to my work.

Right then I remembered to ask him something, "Um Taehyung?"

"Yeah" he turned at me with his beanie covering his forehead.

"Can you show me around where you test things basically -you know what I mean, I can't find the right words to name the types of machinery" I laugh nervously as Taehyung grinned wider showing me the way.

For about 10 minutes he explained to me all the concepts and important details I need to know, "and this is the Digital Fabric Printing machine" he went further explaining to me everything I needed to know about it.

I took my short time feeling thrilled about finally having a professional qualified job. I'll be damned if I get anything wrong on my first day.

Soon lunch time came, obviously, there are two lunch brakes one at noon and one now. Taehyung and I went down the cafeteria lots of employees were grouped up either with their friends or their co-workers.

I bought a cup of lemon tea, trying to withstand the high temperature radiating off the plastic barrier which I'm holding onto.

Just as I decided to make a sharp turn a body collided with mine- sending my everything, every liquid on them. For a moment everything was a pathetic dream.

"Fucking hell!"

His voice! That's not him, it must be Taehyung!

"Oh my god Mr. President I'm so sorry"

I shrieked my eyes widened in pure horror. The audience seemed to have quieted down. From the corners of my eyes, I can already see the witchy girls whispering of me getting fired.

"Someone got fired last month for accidentally spilling coffee on the president's suit" Jennie's voice taunted on my head.

"Do you have eyes to see Ms. Lee" he gritted his teeth glaring at me, all the eyes of the people looking at me made my eyes moisture.

"I-I'm r-really sorry" my voice cord broke, and barely audible. My hands shook when Mr. Han (the red polka-dotted suit man) came in handing a tissue at the President.

I had to crane my head to see him, it was already very embarrassing. I- I just shizzle! I need to go through this.

"Come to my office now" his voice was stoic, that just made me more afraid and weak. That's it he'll fire me.

I know Halmeoni is proud of me from heave but if I lose this she's going to be extremely disappointed.

"First day and already looking to be fired" someone whispered. I didn't fight them, I followed behind the President embarrassed out of my mind.

God, why am I so weak? My parents disowned me, for what? For following my dream. I got bullied no matter where I was even when I had Jennie and the time without her, her previous friends would leave dead things in my locker. I never told anyone.

And now, now... I just got what I deserve, but he should've looked where he walks too. Does he have to be this harsh? It's like I got scolded for punching a boy and now getting sent to the principal's office.

The sound of the lock made me raise my head at the president, he locked the doors of his ginormous office and stared directly in my eyes.

"Ms. Lee" I mouth went dry, one moment I was standing shaking and another moment he uttered something anyone would think that I may be lying about or the fact that I must be a psychopathic, idiotic, stupid mental girl to even say that.

"What you did there needs a punishment, I can't let you go for ruining my ₩1million dollars Armani suit" he put an awful amount of expression on 'dollars' and 'Armani'

He never had one before, this must be a silent punishment.

"You'll become my personal assistant —this will fix your stay in my company"