#1

Remus wipes his hands nervously against his trousers, tapping the small box in his back pocket. He paces the floor of his flat, wearing a hole into the wood. Tonight is the night. They'd been dating for well over a year now and in this day and age, there wasn't much time to waste. He was going to propose to Sirius.

Two knocks on the door break him out of his thoughts, inciting a new wave of anxiety. Remus opens the door with a giddy smile - only to see Peter standing there instead. He hangs his head and steps aside for the small bloke to walk in. 

"Hey Moony," Peter says with a chipper tone as he heads straight into the living room. He passes the romantic dinner Remus had set up for Sirius and chuckles. "Candles? It's not your birthday!"

"No, it's not." Remus gruntes. "What're you doing here?"

"I left my jacket here yesterday, jeez." Peter snatches the maroon pullover from the couch, eyeing Remus skeptically. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I've just got a busy schedule, so if you'll please." He gently ushers Peter out, closing the door quickly before the latter could rebut. Flipping over his wrist, he reads the time with a heavy sigh of relief. It's only 7:27. Sirius isn't supposed to come home for another three minutes. 

Another knock at the door jolts Remus. He smoothens out his jumper, swinging open the door to see James instead. The messy haired wizard is dressed in a black sports coat and fresh ironed trousers; he has two ties in his hand and looks just as nervous as Remus himself. "What do you want Prongs?" Remus mutters, checking his watch once more. 

James strides into the flat, holding out both options to Remus. One was maroon with gold stripes and the second was...maroon with gold stripes. "Which one for my dinner with Lily's family?" he asks as he pushes them into Remus' hands. 

"James - they're the same!"

"No! This one is maroon with gold stripes and this one -" he emphasizes the one in his left hand, "is gold with maroon stripes!"

Remus grabs a handful of his own hair, willing everything not to pull it out. "Prongs get out of my flat!"

James looks shocked at Remus' sudden outburst. "What's got your tail in a knot?"

"This one." Remus takes the tie in James' right hand and throws the other on the floor. "Okay? Goodbye!" He shoves James out the door, checking his watch again. Once more, a knock at the door sounds. Remus opens the door abruptly with a scowl. "What James?"

"I - I need that other tie back." Remus bends down, grabbing the tie and tossing it at James. "Thanks mate...See you tomorrow!"

Remus closes the door and sits down at the table, banging his head down onto the table in frustration. "Bloody hell..." Three knocks to a rhythmic beat hit against the door, causing him to pick his head up. Sirius. "It's open!" 

Sirius pushes open the door, walking in with a dapper white button up tucked into black trousers. "Seven thirty on the dot," he greets with a grin. "As instructed."

"You look lovely," Remus compliments, standing to meet him. He kisses him briefly. 

Sirius pulls away with a concerned look and asks, "Everything alright?"

"Everything's just fine now."

Sirius sits down across from Remus and places his napkin across his lap properly. Remus does the same, his leg shaking slightly under the table. Sirius' grey eyes meet his, sending a warmth throughout his body. "So, Sirius," Remus begins. 

"So, Remus."

"You know I love you." Remus' hand rests on his lap, slowly inching towards his pocket. 

Sirius smirks. "That I do."

"W...ell, I was thinking we should repaint the loo." Sirius raises his eyebrows, surprised. "It's a bit too dark for such a small room with no windows.

"I brought that up last month!" Sirius exclaims. "And you said, 'No Sirius, I like the grey walls.'"

 "Yeah...you were right."

"I always am." Sirius lifts his glass up to Remus with a wink. "To new bathroom colors."

Remus chuckles, picking up his glass and clinking it against Sirius'. "To new bathroom colors."

*

*

*

A/N: Sort of a sequel to 50 Ways to Flirt With a Werewolf and the newest addition to the "Ways To" series. Can't make up my mind with what I want to write these days, but I'm going to have fun with this. XOXO -G