three

tw: sadness

previously:

     "Where?" Logan asked.

     "Macon, Georgia. It's beautiful. You'll like it." His mom smiled.

     Logan wanted to tell her how incorrect she was. He wanted to hell her how much he wanted to stay here with his friends. He didn't though. He bit his tongue.

"When?" Was Logan's final question. The last thing he'd say to his mom before he nodded distantly and left the room, off to tell his friends where they were going and when.

"Next month." She replied, she winced.

Next month! They think I can pack my entire life up and be out in a month? What fools. Logan thought.

And just as the boy had planned, he nodded distantly at his mother, muttered a quick, "alright," and left.

Logan was heartbroken.

/ - \

     The day came much too fast for Logan's tastes.

     It was painful, watching the things from the house you grew up in getting packed away into boxes and put on a truck.

     The family was leaving Logan's childhood home in Gainesville to move to a city in Georgia that they had never even been to.

     The worst part is that Logan's friends had come to say goodbye right before said boy and his mom left.

     The three boys had approached him, all three teary-eyed.

     Roman was the first to speak, pulling Logan close and instead of wishing him farewell, whispered him a shovel talk, "I know you're moving and all, but if you break Hot Topic's heart, I'll break your neck." Logan was confused at first as to how Roman had found out about his thing for Virgil, but shrugged it off knowing that the boy knew everything.

     Patton was next. The boy pulling Logan into a deathly tight hug. "Don't worry, I'll take care of them." Patton whispered. "We're gonna miss you."

Once Patton had parted with Logan, Virgil stepped up.

     Virgil opened his arms to the boy, smiling sadly. His eyes were sparkly with tears. Logan hugged him closer and tighter then he had the other two. "Don't worry, Lo. I'll see you soon."

     Even a few hours after the words were spoken, Logan was still confused as to what the boy had meant.

     He had written the three boys' words down on a sticky note and stuck them to the wall of his new room. The walls were white, unlike his old room, and, also unlike his old room, the ceiling was painted.

The ceiling was dark blue, almost black, with white stars skewed across.

Logan's mom had offered to let him repainted the room, but he hastily declined. The room reminded him too much of Virgil to repaint. The sky-painted ceiling reminding him of their nights at the park, stargazing.

     After seeing the room, Logan decided he was going to replace his old comforter to find something that matched the ceiling.

He had stuck multiple sticky notes to the walls already. Some of them containing astrological facts and theories, others little things about his friends.

It hadn't even been twelve hours and he missed the three boys so much.