eleven

tw: none

previously:

The boys had eaten and all was well as Logan bid Virgil farewell at the latter's doorstep, smiling softly.

     Logan had insisted that he walked Virgil home after all the boy had done for him that day and Virgil wasn't exactly opposed to the idea. He liked Logan. He liked when Logan rambled off facts that related to their originally conversation in the weirdest ways. He liked when Logan laughed, even if he could tell it wasn't real. He liked the boy's chocolate eyes. He had never really thought brown eyes to be beautiful until he met Logan. He really did like Logan.

/ - \

Virgil loved these nights.

The boy was out at a local park, about a thirty minute skate from his house. He was lying on his back in the grass, looking to the sky. His earbuds were both in his ears as he listened to the star gazing playlist he had made so many months ago.

His backpack sat under a nearby tree with his skateboard, but he didn't really care seeing nobody else really came here past ten.

     It was nearly 10:30 when Virgil heard a familiar voice saying his name.

     "Virgil?"

It was Logan. Of course it was Logan. This was Virgil's time alone to think about how bad he had it for Logan and the boy was there. Virgil wasn't mad or anything, it was just that Logan was there in his spot where nobody ever went.

"Lo?" Virgil mumbled. Of course he had already seen the boy, plus if he hadn't he could hear the boy's dress shoes clacking against the walking path.

"What are you doing here so late?" Logan asked, Virgil could tell he was concerned by the boy's tone of voice.

"Just gazing. I always do on Friday nights." Virgil responded. He didn't meet the boy's eyes, just kept looking towards the sky.

"Oh?" Logan asked.

"Yeah." Virgil smiled when Logan came as sat next to him in the grass.

"Did you know the oldest accurately dated star chart appeared in ancient Egyptian astronomy in 1534 BC?" Logan subconsciously rambled on about Egyptian astronomy throughout the ages until Virgil politely cut him off.

"You don't have to be so nervous, you know."

"Huh?" Logan was confused as to what the other boy meant.

     "You act so nervous around me, but you don't have to." Virgil replied.

     "Oh."

     "This has been one hell of week for me." Virgil stated rather bluntly.

     "Elaborate?"

     "Well, I met you, Roman, and Patton. We became friends. We hung out." Virgil trailed off. "This is, like, the first time I've ever had a group of friends."

"Patton, Roman, and I have been friends for forever. The first time Patton saw you he knew you would be a nice addition to the group. Roman was skeptical at first, but whatever you said to him that day we got together swayed him into liking you. I've always thought you looked lonely." Logan explained.

"I have always been lonely." Virgil mumbled.

"Not anymore. You have us now." Virgil could hear Logan's smile.

     "Thanks." Virgil smiled at the boy.

     The two boys laid back on the grass, enjoying each other's company while they exchanged facts about stars and the night sky and the history of astronomy.