Shelter

Flash Back

We pulled out of my drive way and drove down the road and headed to Mikes party. When we arrived, the house looked trashed already. Toiler paper was flung around the house.

"Come on." Mack said getting out. We walked up together and saw people already getting wasted. The first person I noticed was Matt. He was in the corner smoking weed. Yeah, he smoked, but he looked hot doing it. "Want me to get you a drink?" Mckenzie asked me, kindly.

"Sure. Strongest alcohol there is." I replied, walking over my friend Gia. She had a butt of weed in her hand, and another with a bottle of alcohol. "What's up?" I asked.

-

✖️Carl Grimes view;✖️

Present day

When I thought Lexi was gay,it killed me. But dad convinced me that I was over reacting. "She's not gay, she isn't. Don't think that way, alright." Dad confirmed me
After that I went up to the room Lexi was in.

"I'm sorry." I quietly said, walking in.

"Its okay." She smiled at me.

-

Lexi-Anne's view;

The can of beans were underneath my palm. It was a cold silver tin can. It wasn't the best, and it tasted like rotting pumpkin. Gross right?

But it was the only eatable food. Rick made little conversation, and Carl agreed with everything he said. My mind wondered of to Mckenzie. Her Instagram was named @mckenxie69. The Thought of that, made me laugh. She always had a dirty mind and that's what I liked about her.

Every dance there was, she'd be there with me. My idea of a best friend would be having sleepovers every Friday night. Staying up having hot chocolate, and of course marshmallows. Staying up all night watching horror movies or Disney movies.

And Mckenzie was that kind of friend.

"Are you okay?" Carl whispered to me.

"Yeah," I said placing the cold tin on the floor.

"Is it alright if me and Lex sleeps in the room with the two twin beds?" Carl asked his father, also putting his can down.

This food was horrid, and we couldn't handle it anymore. Tomorrow we would go out on a run. Maybe there would be better food.

"Yeah, that's fine." Rick told us, as he tumbled to his feet.

Me and Carl stood up and walked upstairs. Carl was being slow, that meant he was tired or sad. Probably both. We got to the room. It was Bianca's room. She had two twin beds because she liked switching beds every night.

"Are you okay?" I asked, sitting on the bed on the right.

"I'm fine," Carl scuffed out.

I got up and tip toed over to him. He pulled the brown blanket over me and him. His breath was lingering on my skin.

"What's wrong?" I asked, as I heard our breathing.

It was silent for a couple of minutes, then he said, "Lex, the truth is I'm devastated. Judith is gone. The groups gone. It's only us three. I don't want it like this." He said then a tear drop swam down his face.

It killed me to see him look that. He cuddled and his breathing was calming.
"Carl, it's life now. It's how everything works now. I'm sorry about Judy, really I am. But maybe she's alive, maybe that wasn't her blood. Maybe someone took her. Just think positive. One day the group will be back together." I said, then fell into a calming, safe sleep.