Chapter 2: A Grimm Return

*Y/n POV*

I slowly pulled myself from the rubble of the Bullhead, leaning on a piece of the wreck to stand up. I saw Darkrai and Zekrom not far away, both looking around in confusion.

"W-what happened?" Darkrai asked.

"I don't know," I said, walking over and fixing my torn coat, "But we crashed."

"Something hit the bullhead, I know that much," Zekrom replied, "This doesn't look like any mechanical failure."

"Looks like something hit us," Darkrai said, examining a large piece of the metal wreck, "This dent is freaking massive."

A glint of light caught my eye, and I turned towards a piece of the wreckage. As I did, I noticed a piece of metal only an inch or two large. I walked over and pulled it from the dirt, noticing a black mark on the pointed edge.

"Black blood..." I said, "Oh shit!"

I turned around quickly, but neither Darkrai or Zekrom were there anymore. I walked out into the center of the wreckage, looking around for the two younger boys. There were no signs of them anywhere, and no signs of a struggle.

"Where the hell are they?" I said to myself, "What happened?"

As I was looking around, I noticed more and more of the black blood was everywhere around me, staining the steel and dirt around me. There were marks in the ground as well, and flames where there previously were none. The flames seemed, unnatural, in some way.

I stood back up, looking towards the woods that surrounded me. They seemed large and imposing, as a shadow grew in front of them.

"Wait... a shadow..." 

I began to turn around slowly, facing the source of the shadow.