Chapter 1: Return

*Yang POV*

I leaned against the tree behind me, trying to calm down after my phone call with Y/n. They're on their way home now, they just had to investigate something that came from their dimension.

I keep trying to tell myself that, but I still wanna punch him in the face for running off without telling us again.

"Yang, are you alright?"

I turned to my left and saw that Ruby was there, looking at me.

"Oh, Rubes," I said, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just annoyed."

"At Y/n?"

"At Y/n."

"Well, why are you angry with him?" Ruby asked, "You do love him right?"

"Just because I love him, doesn't mean I can't get angry at him," I explained, "And when he does stupid stuff like running off without telling us and almost getting killed, I can get very angry at him."

"I guess that makes sense," She said, sitting on the ground next to me, "At least you're taking it better than Blake."

"Blake, please calm down!"

"MY ARM!"

"OH OUM, MY LEG!"

"We should probably stop her before she kills everyone."

"Probably."

*Y/n POV*

I leaned back in my seat, preparing to enjoy the ride back to Mistral, before I have to face Yang and Blake's rage. Slowly closing my eyes, I settled in for the flight.

"Hey Dad?" I heard Darkrai ask, "I gotta question to ask."

"What is it?" I answered, not opening my eyes a peek.

"How do you think Landorus got to this world?" He asked, "I mean, we know he was following the other two, but how did they get here? It couldn't have been through the same portal we did, right?"

"The portal we came through closed when we fell into Emerald Forest," I reminded him, "Plus, they're from Unova, no way they could've gotten through the portal without us noticing."

"True," He agreed, "But what if, by leaving the Distortion World, the balance of the two worlds was shifted ever so slightly, allowing portals between our world and Remnant to open up and allow everyone through?"

"Could be possible," I said, "Where'd you come up with that one?"

"You're the one who used to gripe about how you were important to the 'balance of the worlds'," He said sarcastically, "I just took what you said and built on it."

"Alright, smart ass," I interrupted, grabbing his face and pushing him back down into his seat, "Enough out of you."

"Sure thing, old man," He said, "Have a nice nap."

I closed my eyes and felt myself drifting off to sleep, arriving in the world of dreams. When I opened my eyes again, I was in front of Arceus' palace. There was no noise and a lack of other legendaries, just me and the clouds and the ivory palace.

I stepped forward, placing my foot onto the first immaculate step. As I continued to walk up the steps, I felt a sense of dread growing in me. As I neared the door, I reached out and grabbed the handle, slowly pushing the massive door open.

"Daddy, you're here!"

I was immediately grabbed in a hug, as Cresselia wrapped her arms around me tightly. i then saw Darkrai walking up behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Cresselia," He said, "Give him some room, it's a long flight."

Cresselia weakened her grip on me and Darkrai joined, wrapping his arms around me. I slowly returned the hug, wrapping one arm around each of them and messing with Darkrai's hair.

As we separated, I heard two more people walking up behind them.

"Glad you could make it, Uncle Y/n."

"Yeah, we were worried you'd be late."

Palkia and Dialga walked up from behind them, wrapping me in a surprising hug.

"Um, hey you two," I said awkwardly, "How are you guys?"

"We're good," Palkia answered, letting me go, "Excited for today, of course."

"How about you?" Dialga asked.

"Um, I'm okay."

"Really?" Darkrai asked, "You seem off today. Are you sick or something?"

"No, no, I'm fine." I answered.

"Good," A familiar voice came, "Cause I saved you a seat. Now everyone come sit down and eat."

Everyone turned around and began to walk towards a table that was set up behind us. There was an entire feast set up, the table covered with breakfast foods ranging from pancakes to waffles to bacon. At the head of the table, there were two empty seats, a familiar form standing behind once.

Arceus took off the apron she was wearing and walked around the table, meeting me halfway down the table. She stood in front of me and gave a sweet smile, looking up at me slightly.

"It's good to see you again, brother," She said, "It's been a while since we met like this."

I couldn't speak, as my vision began to get clouded with tears. As if an impulse, I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly, feeling her return the hug. She began to pat my back, as tears began to stream down my face.

"I-I missed you," I said, "I'm sorry, for everything I did."

"No Y/n," She said, patting my back, "I'm sorry. I should've found a different way for us to work this out."

There were a few more moments of silence, as Arceus and I hugged each other tightly. When we finally moved apart, she looked me in the eyes and smiled.

"Y/n, it's time to get up."

"What?"

"Wake up, Y/n."

My eyes shot open, hearing the Bullhead's alarms going off and red lights blaring. The pilot was throwing shit out of the way, as he searched for something.

"Hey, what the hell's going on?"

"Dad!" Darkrai yelled, "We've been hit! We're falling out of the sky!"

"It's coming back around!" Zekrom yelled, "Prepare for impact!"

There was a massive crash, as something struck the side of the bullhead. We began to spin uncontrollably, as we dropped from the sky.