Chapter 29

"Just wait a little longer miss witch. You'll get to take back your throne once more soon."

"I'm more than patient to show that little fly who the real dragon queen is. So please do not worry,

Lord Zeref."

"Oh my! I didn't think I'd bump into you here Lucy !"

"Even though we're running around in a small town like headless chickens?"

Both the blondes smiled at each other with their bitter sweet smile that could make any dumb men flustered. It seemed like Lucy would always end up with an even stronger opponent after every fight but it barely even bothered her. In fact, it excited her even more. She has never had the limelight shone on her this bright in the past before. It was always on those strong intimidating mages- especially that stupid fire mage, Natsu.  However now, it felt like everywhere she went, people would immediately recognize her. Even the mention of a ' random blonde girl running around town' could spark up a conversation about the blonde mage and her amazing power to crush anyone she sees.

It felt good. So good that she nearly forgot about all the doubt and pity thrown at her from the same crowd in the past. However, all the attention's on her. One mistake would remind everyone about the Lucy before. The Lucy that stained the name of the guild. That weak Fairy Tail member that could barely even fend for herself. This was her most crucial moment. The Grand Magic Games...

"If I don't win the games, they'll see that weak pathetic girl in me again... that's what you're thinking about right now, am I right?"

Shocked, Lucy's eyes widened just a millimeter. However she still held her stare. But the platinum blonde beauty noticed the slight shift in her eyes.

"Then show us. Show us how much stronger you are from that weak girl ." She says as her form slowly changes into that of a demon's.

"Goes without asking. I'll make sure to win the game, even if I have to destroy you, Mira."

"Good. Because I won't go easy on you either."

Satan soul charged towards Lucy with overwhelming speed. Mira skillfully dodged the blade of Lucy's katana as both the girls continued exchanging small attacks here and there. It hasn't even been a minute since the girls started their battle but everybody could feel the tension between both of them.

"Mira, she looks awfully serious about this fight." Lisanna says as she stared at the blue screen intensely.

"It can't be helped. She has always been protective of the weak. No matter how strong Lucy is right now, she can't help but see the same frail girl from months ago. That's why she's probably so worked up over this little battle." Master blurted out as he watched them fight.

'If nobody will strip her off her insecurity from the past, who else will?' Is probably what Mira's thinking." he added.

Mira continued throwing strong powerful punches. One punch after another after another. Until the frenzy was too fast for her that she didn't manage to block a fast approaching punch in time. Which cause her to fly all the way towards the building of a church and crash into the the walls.

"I expected more from the Dragon Queen herself but, it feels like I'm just fighting air." Mira looked down at Lucy's twitching body.

Lucy stood back up slowly. Her bangs covered her eyes but her pursed lips showed signs of frustration. Of course she was frustrated. She was nervous ever since the beginning of the battle anyways. As strong as she was in terms of power, her sensitive heart had not changed. She was scared of hurting Mira, seeing pained expressions that were caused by none other than Lucy herself.

Vulnerability, was something that she could never get rid of. Sure she could be ruthless and heartless when it came to serious fights but when it comes to fighting one of her closest friends that stood by her since day one? How could she bring herself to even leave a bruise on them?

"Don't you dare look down on me Lucy. On this battlefield, nobody is your ally. Everyone standing in this town is your enemy, even me." 

Lucy looked at Mira with wide eyes. Of course, why was she anxious? It's literally just a game. Mira would never hold a grudge for something this stupid. Lucy was so caught up worrying about her relationship with the demonic beauty  that she forgot how little this battle probably even meant to Mira.

"Re-equip. Angel's Lacrime."

*Lacrime : The word 'tears' in the Italian language

Bright light surrounded Lucy as she breathed out the foreign words. The bright light engulfed the whole stadium and like many times, everyone had to shield their eyes to protect themselves from being blinded by the effulgence. 

As the light burned down, there stood Lucy in such heavenly clothing  and a huge white spiraled sword, almost like a unicorn's horn. Her eyes that were once hazel brown turned  into a blush red.

"You're right, Mira. Plus, this is a great chance to defeat the Satan Soul right in front of the whole of Fiore, right?" Lucy's eyes showed bloodlust.

"That's flattering but... don't assume you'll win just by pulling a flashy re-equip card."

Both of them stared intensely at one another for what felt like ages. Mira was the first to make a move shortly after, Lucy did. Both girls were charging at each other heads on but right before any of them could give the first blow, a fast object slid through the space between the girls. So fast nobody could catch it, just a flash of red light.

Not even mere second later, Lucy was being flinged back into the walls of the church just like before. Everyone looked at the scene in sheer disbelief, including Mira herself. At first everyone had thought it was a dirty trick Mira pulled but the girl looked just as confused and alerted as everyone else in the arena.

Lucy hadn't appeared from under the debris for awhile. Minutes went by, the suspension growing heavier and heavier. Nobody could believe that the saint had been defeated within seconds without even getting any action. However time kept on ticking yet Lucy was still not on her feet yet. As the judge was about to announce the blonde's defeat, a figure  appeared behind Mira's confuzzled state and kicked her into the ground.

"That was a really dirty trick there Mirajane. I'll make sure to return back the gesture." There stood Lucy looking down at Mira with the darkest eyes anyone had ever seen.

"B-but it wasn't me-"

"It doesnt matter who it is...
I'll make sure to win this stupid game."

phew that took quite awhile to write but this marks the start of my continuation of writing! still am rusty but ill make sure to warm up to it as i write many more chapters!!