Chapter Two

The summer holidays had been fun but towards the end of it i had begun to miss everybody and shamefully school. Mum had managed to get me to go school shopping three weeks ago so i didn't have to worry about that. I had refused to wear skirts and practically anything girly. After two hours of searching we found a pair of school trousers and a new pair of shoes. We then had spent another thirty minutes buying school equipment and bigger folders so i could fit all my work inside.

Annie, one of my best friends, was standing at the top of the alleyway when we got to school, as soon as she saw me she screamed and ran at me. I opened my arms and stumbled backwards as she hit me full force. She had been in America with Dan, her boyfriend, throughout the holiday as her sister was getting married. I had skyped her once or twice so she could show me her bridesmaid dress and tell me what was happening with her and Dan. Even if that meant i had to listen to some details i would rather not know about.

I had spent most of the holiday listening to music and hanging out with Leigh almost everyday. I preferred to stay at home most of the time listening to my favourite band, Marianas Trench, Ever After album. But i mostly watched films and ate junk food, which meant i needed to go to the gym with Leigh more regularly.

All around us girls were hugging and chatting away about their holidays and how much they had missed each other. We met the rest of our friends just outside of the school gates, we hugged and began talking like everyone else. Finally we decided to make our way towards the entrance, still talking loudly. My eyes settled on a man in a black trench coat, smiling and welcoming everyone. I didn't really pay any attention to him and ignored him when he said goodmorning to us all, i mean i didn't even know him.

As soon as i got into the building i began to wonder why i had been so excited to come back here, i was now in my last year which would mean tones of stress and lots of exams. So much pressure was put on us last year so my expectations for this year were not very good.

We had to go to our form room first to get signed in and go over the school rules again. Then we could leave for our first lesson of the year, english with that new teacher.