Chapter Twenty Four

Noah spent ten more minutes in the kitchen adding the finishing touches to the ham and cheese sandwiches that he said were the best ones I would ever have. While he did that I got changed into the clothes he had left on the side for me, it was only then that I fully became aware that I was naked. The heat was still on my face and I was sure that when I looked in the mirror my cheeks would be bright red. I put on the grey jumper he gave me, the black pair of boxers and a pair of shorts and went back to sit on the sofa. I sipped the water he had given me a few moments ago and felt grateful, I felt less dehydrated and less dizzy.

The clothes were comfortable and I snuggled into them. He came into the room a few minutes later and handed me the sandwiches. I ate them quickly and placed the plate back down. Noah was still on the first peice of sandwich and gave me a suprised look. I made the excuse that I was hungry when I wasn't, I had a different agenda. I silently watched him finish his and then waited for him to finish cleaning them and the kitchen up. After that he came back into the front room and sat next to me.

I saw him glance behind me at the clock, "It's two in the morning, I should go to sleep as I have work tomorrow. I'll drop you off near your house before I go, okay?" I nodded. The school had allowed Annie and I some time off due to the whole situation. He went and retrieved a blanket and a pillow from his bedroom. He then pulled me into his arms and wrapped us in the blanket, I rested my head again his chest and stayed like that until he fell asleep twenty minutes later. His breathing was smooth and he moved around slightly. I waited ten minutes to make sure that he was defiently asleep before getting up. I wrapped him back in the blanket and searched the house for a pen and paper.

I found a pad of paper and a rather cool looking pen on a desk in his bedroom, I then wrote him a note. I grabbed my phone and silently left, as soon as I closed the door I realised that there was no turning back from what I'd just done, and even though it felt like someone was grating my heart, I knew that I'd just done the first right thing I'd done since I first met Noah.

Noah POV

I woke to the sound of my front door closing. I had a moment of panic thinking someone had broken in until I felt the coldness from where Aremor had been sleeping. Then I felt confused, wondering why she had left. I told her I would drop her off at her house in the morning so there was no need for her to leave, especially as it was early in the morning and it's dangerous for her to be out at that time.

I had just grabbed my keys and was about to open my door when a peice of paper caught my eye. It was taped to the door so that there was no way that I would not see it. It was Aremor's writing, I knew that from the countless essays I had marked of hers. I quickly ripped it off the wall and sat heavily back down on the sofa. I read it hoping it wasn't what I thought it was but when I got four sentences into the letter my hopes died.

'Noah,Writing this is so hard, but I know that this is the right thing to do. I see no other way about this and just that fact kills me. The whole ride to your house and the whole time you were in the kitchen I have been thinking about this and I have come to a decision that I cannot do this anymore. I feel guilty and dirty all the time because me and you are wrong , we should never have got together. We both know that what we are doing isn't right otherwise we would see no need to hide the fact that, as we both admitted today, we love each other. When I admitted to Jack everything that I feel towards you I felt disgusted towards myself and a person shouldn't feel that just because they are in love. They should feel happy, overwelmingly happy. Except I don't, I only feel that when you are distracting me from the thought.

Dont get me wrong, I love you and always will. However, if I am ever to be happy in life and if I am ever to make something of myself then I can't be with you. It is hard to end this but I am and one day you will thank me for it. I have some conditions though if we are to make this work. I have three to be exact.

1. You need to treat me like I am just another student. Don't let me off if I do something wrong. Mark my work like you would anyone else. Don't look at me differently, I notice the small glances you give me and the way your hands linger on mine. That has to stop.

2. I am going to try and live a normal life, don't try to get involved if you see me doing anything you do not like. This includes dating. We are no longer together, this letter is me ending our relationship. So I am free to date whoever I want to and you cannot get involved because as my teacher you have nothing to do with my personal life.

3. You must forget everything that happened between us. These last months never happened. If you see me, you pass me like a teacher would do. Maybe a nod but thats it. We were never together, we never did anything that couples would do. Please try to be happy without me, try to get a girlfriend who you can be in public with.

If you do not do these things and act inappropriatly, then I will move. I will make an excuse up and convice my parents to let me change school, I do not care that I am in my last year of school. My parents trust me and if I say that I must change school then they will let me. You will never see me again and wouldn't you rather see me five times a week then never at all. I am doing this because I want to have a life that I could have had with Jack, he made me realise this and so that is the main reason why I am doing this.

Sorry Noah, sir, but this is important to me. Goodbye, know now that I will always love you and know now that I will always support you though all of your decisions. I hope you can for me too.

Aremor.'

The letter slipped out of my hands and floated to the floor. I quickly wiped the tears off my face and lay back down on the sofa. I pulled my legs up to my knees and wrapped my arms around my legs, placing my chin on my chest. I stayed like that for the rest of the night before I fell asleep. I knew deep down that what she had said was the best thing for her and I always wanted to do the best for her. So I tried to accept it, except I couldn't. So I fell asleep to the image of her and the thought of what I was going to say when I confronted her the next time I saw her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :)

Leave a comment.

Saskia x