And then she let him go, weaving through the inside of the store while Kageyama was busy trying not to be flustered. His hand possibly burning as well if he had checked, but he was too stupefied but what had happened. Mina, on the other hand, reached for the bun steamer that was still running and reached for the last bun inside— that was supposed to be her little night snack but she could spare it for today.

She placed it within the folds of a napkin and offered it to him, a smile and all.

"Thanks for your hard work today, Kageyama-san."

That aggressively flustered expression he had soon melted, looking into her eyes that bore nothing but mirth for him. Why was she so nice to him? That, he didn't understand. He wanted to find a reason for that but those terrible points he had just countered anything. Kageyama knew he wasn't exactly the kindest, brightest, and smartest person around— he was an idiot for his sport; a Volleyball idiot. And people have been straying themselves away from him for that reason, as much as he hated to acknowledge it.

But here she was, giving him such a smile. Even he had to think that there was something wrong with her. Though, there's no way she could be like that.

Kageyama's face was more relaxed now, no expressions on his face. He graciously grabbed the item and thanked her for it, watching as she sat down on one of the seats and patted on the other one for him to sit on. Now that, the raven haired male got flustered again. But he sat down, grumbling under his breath. Surely, it wasn't anything vicious.

"Game was cool, you know!" She complimented genuinely as her mind was still buzzing from the vivid memory. "Everyone was so, so good! But, I think that Kageyama-san shine brighter."

He choked in the midst of him chewing the meat bun. "W-What the hell are you saying?!" Embarrassment flowed through him and his words turned boorish; he couldn't help himself. Mina didn't mind it either way, a smile still perched on her lips.

"You like, uh, 배구깡패*," She said, earning a confused look from the boy. "In Korea, 깡패 means gangster. Not in bad way, though! We say it to someone who do something really good! Like you, Kageyama-san, you do good in Volleyball so you are 배구깡패."

He didn't know whether to look offended or complimented by her words but despite all of it, a frown formed on his face. There was complexity in those words of hers that didn't sound too much of a praise. Did she call him that because he looked intimidating and resembled a gangster? These moments they had made him realize that indeed, both of them are distinct; the same, but different.

"... Thanks." He finally mumbled out, though he would still glance down at his hand from time to time, still feeling the warmth that wrapped around his wrist.

She talked to him, smiled at him, consoled him, tried her best to explain how good he was at the game, and that wrist touch— Kageyama pursed his lips and abruptly dropped his head on the table, a loud bang resounding in the empty store. His forehead was stinging but at least that made him level headed.

"What was that?" Mina expressed her disbelief and worry, reaching for him but he merely held his hand out to stop her. He didn't want anyone to see his face right now, not even himself if he could imagine how he looked at the moment.

Damn, girls are a problem.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

such a long chapter!
i was so caught up writing for
these two that i forgot
my chapter limits oMG
+
explanation time!

so, in korea 깡패 ( kkangpae ) means gangster
and it means two things. its also a sort of big compliment! they don't
usually (?) leave it as it is and
add another word to it. for example,
the ones i heard before are
노래깡패 ( norae kkangpae ) which means
that someone is damn good at singing
or 어깨깡패 ( eokkae kkangpae ) which means
that someone has broad shoulders.

but i'm not sure if 배구깡패 ( baegu kkangpae )
is a thing but i think its
a sensible placement? i did google it
but i didnt see any results lol
so if any koreans wanna correct me
or anyone who is good at the language,
feel free to do so!