Chapter 5-C: The Party

Oh no, what's going on? It feels like my spine's gonna break.

I feel like I crashed into my own body. What an awful, terrible nightmare! I dreamed I was doing a country themed photoshoot where they made me do an extremely awkward pose. 

Ahhh I'm still shaking from the nightmare, and will be haunted by it for a long time

Ahhh I'm still shaking from the nightmare, and will be haunted by it for a long time. If that was real then Billie Eilish or 5 Seconds of Summer would never ever tour with us. But at least I'm up in time to hear from Tomoe's fam.

I sit on my bed eagerly staring at my phone on my desk. I'll tell her I think I'm close to helping Arisa and Kaoru patch things up. And I can't wait to hear about Ako's birthday. Too bad they couldn't have it here this time.

I still can't believe Eve wakes up at this hour every day.

Yay it's her! As soon as I hear the vibrate I spring off the bed and grab it.

Tomoe Facetimes me at 4 in the morning because it's 5 PM in Boston. Ako looks like she's having so much fun at her birthday party.

They're sitting at a picnic table with a cake and presents in a park staying comfortable in a fig tree's shade. Children run around playing a giggling and people walk their dogs.

Ako stares at a box stroking her chin and slowly unwraps her present.

Ako blinks twice and says, "Woah I got an avocado for my birthday!"

Tomoe hands her a small box and her cousin hands her a bag. Ako opens them and she got a Playstation Store card and a cute stuffed animal. Aww he's such an adorable sloth.

Ako waves hi to me. "Hi Ran!"

"Hi Ako. Having a good birthday?"

Ako enthusiastically says, "Yes! We went to Sephora but none of the foundations looked right but someone helped us find good makeup for me. I really love this eyeshadow palette the colors pop like pow! And kaboom!"

She narrows her eyes with her hand almost over her mouth smiling, "Hue hue hue...with this palette me and Rin rin will be number 1 in Overwatch and trend on Insta!"

Tomoe takes her tablet back smiling. "Isn't she just the best? So we toured Harvard and other schools but I'm just not sure if I want to go to college here anymore. So this is what being foreign feels like."

Her cousin then tells her, "I was born here and people make me feel foreign so I feel you. It's like if you're so colorblind why don't you ever ask other white people where they're from? God it's so annoying."

Tomoe's dad then says, "We've had a great time here except for that time at the restaurant where we literally waited forever to get seated. A waitress told us here in the US we tip but Tomoe's cousin wanted to leave. Then we went to a zoo and Ako wanted to adopt a tiger so I told her are you crazy I can't afford that much cat food."